Has there ever been a “Perfect Game” for an NFL team?

Post Reply
SeahawkFever
Posts: 947
Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2024 4:18 am

Has there ever been a “Perfect Game” for an NFL team?

Post by SeahawkFever »

I thought of a set of criteria that one could say leads to a team playing an NFL game “perfectly”:

1. The team’s passer rating for the game must be 158.3, with no sacks taken.

2. The team must score a touchdown on every possession of the game that is not terminated by the end of a half (so no turnovers, punts, or field goals attempted)

3. The team must convert all fourth downs it attempts (so no turnovers on downs)

4. The team’s kicker must make all extra point attempts

5. On the flipside, the opposing team must score no points, and attempt no field goals (I.e. every drive for the other team ends in a punt or turnover including on downs)

Has any game ever fit all five of the criteria to your knowledge?

The closest I have found to the criteria I set is the Patriots 38-0 beat down of the Colts in 1993.

That team attempted and made a couple field goals, and missed only one fourth down conversion.
Post Reply