Remembering a random player won me a game yesterday
Posted: Wed Sep 30, 2026 4:23 am
This is totally out of left field but I have to share it.
I was playing a game with some friends at my church where everyone has a name of someone from the Bible written on a sticky note on their forehead, and they have to guess it based on what everyone else tells them.
You can see everyone else’s names, but not your own.
Any event during the game I randomly remembered the NFL’s Greatest Game production on what was called Super Bowl 8.5; The Sea of Hands Game, and at one point in that game the Raiders played a cornerback named Nehemiah Wilson filling in for Willie Brown (apparently he started more years earlier but probably was a backup if they said he was filling in).
I randomly guessed Nehemiah, got it right and guessed mine before everyone else guessed theirs (on my third guess).
I was playing a game with some friends at my church where everyone has a name of someone from the Bible written on a sticky note on their forehead, and they have to guess it based on what everyone else tells them.
You can see everyone else’s names, but not your own.
Any event during the game I randomly remembered the NFL’s Greatest Game production on what was called Super Bowl 8.5; The Sea of Hands Game, and at one point in that game the Raiders played a cornerback named Nehemiah Wilson filling in for Willie Brown (apparently he started more years earlier but probably was a backup if they said he was filling in).
I randomly guessed Nehemiah, got it right and guessed mine before everyone else guessed theirs (on my third guess).