Anyone besides me like Giants throwbacks?

JohnTurney

Anyone besides me like Giants throwbacks?

Post by JohnTurney »

They ae getting a lot of shade and part of that is probably how bad Giants played,

I wouldn't want to see them more than a couple times this year, but even though not 100% accurate
I liked them.

But then again I have liked all the Steelers uniforms that were throwbacks, too.
Brian wolf

Re: Anyone besides me like Giants throwbacks?

Post by Brian wolf »

I always like Giants throwbacks except for late 70s, early 80s uniforms which were drab for me. I didn't like the vertical bumblebee look of the 30s? Steelers ...
Crazy Packers Fan

Post by Crazy Packers Fan »

I do like them. I like all the wild throwbacks, like the Eagles' from 2007 and the Packers' from 2010. Unfortunately the Giants looked terrible and now those uniforms are stained with that performance. I want that Giants 100th anniversary book, but I can't afford a $60+ price for it with shipping.
JohnH19

Post by JohnH19 »

There have been several comments regarding their similarity to the Montreal Canadiens jersey from my friends and also Chris Berman last night.
Bryan

Post by Bryan »

I don't really like the leather helmet throwbacks because the equipment doesn't really mesh with that era. I'd like to see a 1975 NY Giant throwback uniform, though.
racepug

Post by racepug »

Yes, I am a fan (of the unis, anyway)!
Brian wolf

Post by Brian wolf »

Those 1975 Giants uniforms are cool to look at with those helmet logos ... I might have been too harsh on the 79-82 uniforms, which look more different on grainy films and bleached broadcast games.