Antonio Brown

Discuss candidates for the Pro Football Hall of Fame and the PFRA's Hall of Very Good
74_75_78_79_

Antonio Brown

Post by 74_75_78_79_ »

Another (4th consecutive) All-Pro selection this year along with another (6th) Pro Bowl ought to pass him the "bus test", right? Prematurity and bias aside (and I'm sure I'll get gruff for this), I seriously IMO feel he already is the all-time best Steeler WR. And I seriously place him ahead of Megatron and even TO & Moss.
ChrisBabcock

Re: Antonio Brown

Post by ChrisBabcock »

Probably just on the threshhold of passing the bus test. Almost there but not yet. I think if he gets through 2017 unscathed and produces what he typically does in a season, then he's HOF-worthy.
bachslunch

Post by bachslunch »

74_75_78_79_ wrote:Another (4th consecutive) All-Pro selection this year along with another (6th) Pro Bowl ought to pass him the "bus test", right? Prematurity and bias aside (and I'm sure I'll get gruff for this), I seriously IMO feel he already is the all-time best Steeler WR. And I seriously place him ahead of Megatron and even TO & Moss.
Entirely possible -- but note well that Brown's resume (4/5/10s?, 7 seasons) is for all practical purposes that of Sterling Sharpe (3/5/none, 7 seasons) right now. If his career ended tomorrow, he may or may not have enough to get in the HoF.
NWebster

Post by NWebster »

Del Shofner anybody, please.

Brown is great, another Brown season and 3 or 4 to compile and he's probably there.
Jeremy Crowhurst

Post by Jeremy Crowhurst »

Here's another way to look at it -- top 10 leaderboard rankings.

Brown's are the last four years. Receptions 2, 1, 1, 2. Yards 2, 1, 2, 5. TDs -, 2, 10, 2.
Shofner's for his six years (really five) are Rec. 3, 2, -, 3, 9, 4. Yards 1, 2, -, 2, 4, 3. TDs 3, 4, -, 4, 2, 7.
Sharpe's for his six years are Receptions 1, -, -, 1, 1, 5. Yards 2, 5, -, 1, 3, -. TDs 2, -, -, 1, 3, 1.

Sharpe's two 2's and two 3's had him behind Jerry Rice. It's completely ridiculous that Sharpe isn't in, particularly given his career ended by an injury. It's pretty ridiculous that Shofner isn't in, but I suppose it could be defended on the basis that it's less impressive being a top 4 receiver in a 14 team league where the running game was predominant.

I don't think Brown is there yet. He's past, for example, Andre Rison (2524/3-44/2221), but not yet at Sharpe, assuming you consider TDs the most important and receptions the least important of the three stats.
L.C. Greenwood

Post by L.C. Greenwood »

74_75_78_79_ wrote:Another (4th consecutive) All-Pro selection this year along with another (6th) Pro Bowl ought to pass him the "bus test", right? Prematurity and bias aside (and I'm sure I'll get gruff for this), I seriously IMO feel he already is the all-time best Steeler WR. And I seriously place him ahead of Megatron and even TO & Moss.
Can you explain what the "bus test" is? Brown isn't a top five alltime receiver yet in receptions.