Pointspread in 1979 Playoffs

JoeZagorski

Pointspread in 1979 Playoffs

Post by JoeZagorski »

Hey Guys,

Does anyone know what the pointspread was in the 1979 AFC Divisional Playoff game between Houston and San Diego? I know that the Chargers were favored to win, but by how much? Thanks for your help.

Sincerely,
Joe Zagorski
BD Sullivan

Re: Pointspread in 1979 Playoffs

Post by BD Sullivan »

Joe Zagorski wrote:Hey Guys,

Does anyone know what the pointspread was in the 1979 AFC Divisional Playoff game between Houston and San Diego? I know that the Chargers were favored to win, but by how much? Thanks for your help.

Sincerely,
Joe Zagorski
Surprisingly, it only moved up from 7 to 8 1/2. The Steelers actually had the biggest spread of that weekend, giving 9 1/2 to the Dolphins.
Saban1

Post by Saban1 »

The way that I remember it, the Oilers starting QB, Dan Pastorini, was injured, so the Oilers had to play with seldom used QB Gifford Nielson. Despite this, the Oilers won anyway.
JoeZagorski

Post by JoeZagorski »

Thanks Guys!
Joe Z.
SixtiesFan

Post by SixtiesFan »

Saban wrote:The way that I remember it, the Oilers starting QB, Dan Pastorini, was injured, so the Oilers had to play with seldom used QB Gifford Nielson. Despite this, the Oilers won anyway.
The Oilers didn't have Earl Campbell either. Rob Carpenter played with a bad ankle, I think, and ran well.