serving our country.... Started by coach tj troup

oldecapecod11

serving our country.... Started by coach tj troup

Post by oldecapecod11 »

serving our country....
Started by coach tj troup, May 26 2014 02:13 PM

Again, sorry... another thread that is a couple days late.
When I see some of the things they were ready to trash, I truly wonder what they saved?

Archive

3 replies to this topic

#1 coach tj troup
PFRA Member
Posted 26 May 2014 - 02:13 PM
...on this day of remembrance for those who have served our country; was "surfing" and came across george dickson. his background as a soldier in ww2, and his career in college and pro coaching. if you have the time, look him up, and see where he coached, and who he coached with. an interesting career and life.

#2 Moran
PFRA Member
Posted 26 May 2014 - 05:16 PM
Thanks Coach - that was some ferocious service in Normandy, the Ardennes, and the Battle of the Bulge.

Your post reminded me of a 1945 Giants program I have from the day they dedicated plaques in the Polo Grounds to Al Blozis and Jack Lummus

#3 NWebster
Forum Visitors
Posted 26 May 2014 - 11:01 PM
Moran, on 26 May 2014 - 5:16 PM, said:
Thanks Coach - that was some ferocious service in Normandy, the Ardennes, and the Battle of the Bulge.
Your post reminded me of a 1945 Giants program I have from the day they dedicated plaques in the Polo Grounds to Al Blozis and Jack Lummus

Very cool. We should remember the sacrifices of many at this time of year. From George MacAfee, to Rocky Blier to Pat Tilleman - we're all lucky to be here because of their service.

#4 oldecapecod 11
PFRA Member
Posted 26 May 2014 - 11:09 PM
There are so many to remember and so much to be thankful for.
Near the end of this film, there are some truly lovely views of the many cemeteries in Europe but our own Arlington ls beyond words.

http://worriersanony...re/Mansions.htm
"It was a different game when I played.
When a player made a good play, he didn't jump up and down.
Those kinds of plays were expected."
~ Arnie Weinmeister