Who is on your NFL broadcast “dream team?”

Gary Najman

Re: Who is on your NFL broadcast “dream team?”

Post by Gary Najman »

I have heard that former Giants DE Al DeRogatis was the best analyst in TV (unfortunately, it was before I was born). Do you remember him?
Rupert Patrick

Post by Rupert Patrick »

Teo wrote:I have heard that former Giants DE Al DeRogatis was the best analyst in TV (unfortunately, it was before I was born). Do you remember him?
I remember he was Curt Gowdy's broadcast partner at NBC before they paired Gowdy with Don Meredith when Meredith left MNF for a couple years in the mid-70's; unfortunately, few of those broadcasts exist today. According to the Wikipedia, Paul Zimmerman considered DeRogatis the best football analyst of all time.
"Every time you lose, you die a little bit. You die inside. Not all your organs, maybe just your liver." - George Allen
Lee Elder

Post by Lee Elder »

I recall DeRogadis (Hope I spelled his name properly) working with Gowdy on AFL games. He wasn't my favorite but his voice was one that stayed with you. Worked well with Gowdy.
sheajets

Post by sheajets »

Lee Elder wrote:I recall DeRogadis (Hope I spelled his name properly) working with Gowdy on AFL games. He wasn't my favorite but his voice was one that stayed with you. Worked well with Gowdy.
DeRogatis

A great all around human being. Anybody who worked with him loved and respected him