2018 NFL predictions

Reaser

Re: 2018 NFL predictions

Post by Reaser »

As always, can go back and look at the predictions now. Interesting to read them all, the good and the bad 'calls', but since the Super Bowl matchup is decided here's what everyone predicted:

Reaser: Patriots over Vikings
JWL: Saints over Patriots
RyanChristiansen: "San Diego" (messing with you) v. Vikings
74_75_78_79_: Steelers over Eagles
ChrisBabcock: Vikings over Chargers
Rupert Patrick: Vikings over Jaguars
7DnBrnc53: Packers over Jaguars

JWL was about as close as you can get to getting both SB participants correct. Reaser (me) is only one who can possibly have SB winner correct. Ryan had one of his two SB participants make the playoffs. 70's and Chris had their SB loser in the playoffs. Rupert and 7DnBrnc53 had both their SB participants fail to make the playoffs.
74_75_78_79_

Re: 2018 NFL predictions

Post by 74_75_78_79_ »

Reaser wrote:As always, can go back and look at the predictions now. Interesting to read them all, the good and the bad 'calls', but since the Super Bowl matchup is decided here's what everyone predicted:

Reaser: Patriots over Vikings
JWL: Saints over Patriots
RyanChristiansen: "San Diego" (messing with you) v. Vikings
74_75_78_79_: Steelers over Eagles
ChrisBabcock: Vikings over Chargers
Rupert Patrick: Vikings over Jaguars
7DnBrnc53: Packers over Jaguars

JWL was about as close as you can get to getting both SB participants correct. Reaser (me) is only one who can possibly have SB winner correct. Ryan had one of his two SB participants make the playoffs. 70's and Chris had their SB loser in the playoffs. Rupert and 7DnBrnc53 had both their SB participants fail to make the playoffs.
Steelers over Eagles...terrible. Never good with these here predictions, and hardly ever have my Steelers winning it all. Of course this came before I knew for sure that LeVon wouldn't be playing, but in hindsight even if he does play all year and at his expected level throughout, it don't look like they make the SB anyway yet alone win it. For what it's worth, I did get it right with the Pats winning their opener then losing their next two at Jax and at Det respectively. Also got it right with Rams starting out 8-0. Rupert may have had his SB-participants not make playoffs but he did get 8 of the 12 playoff teams right; Chris got 7, JWL strictly picked order of finish in each division but did get 5 of 8 division winners.

I simply had way too many 13-3s in the playoffs; a 3rd-seed 13-3 (Det) amongst them. The worst record playoff team in the NFC at 12-4? Yes, should have picked more upsets in that week-by-week schedule-predictor device.