Super Bowl LI - New England vs. Atlanta

Rupert Patrick

Re: Super Bowl LI - New England vs. Atlanta

Post by Rupert Patrick »

74_75_78_79_ wrote:Will Atl get over this one? This is definitely worse for Falcon Nation than 'Duel in Dixie' was in 1980. Easy to think there'll be a hangover next year but with their talent and coaching they could easily, resiliently bounce right on back. I didn't bother predicting yesterday's game but I'm not surprised at all that Falcons' D was able to get to Brady. Who's Atl's MVP had they won?
Ryan and Jones were both having great games.
"Every time you lose, you die a little bit. You die inside. Not all your organs, maybe just your liver." - George Allen
Reaser

Post by Reaser »

74_75_78_79_ wrote:Who's Atl's MVP had they won?
Well if the QB has anything media can point to (yards, rating, just being on the field) then it goes to the QB, so Ryan.

Julio made some good plays. I would have looked to the defense, though. Jarrett was doing more than just getting stats. Alford was having a big game though started giving up completions in the 2nd half and could have gave up more but NE was dropping passes and Brady was missing throws the first half and into the second half.
BD Sullivan

Post by BD Sullivan »

Mark L. Ford wrote:"LI" does look goofy.... and that's no LIE. I think that the NFL will go back to non-Roman numbers sometime in the next few years, rather than call the 2025 game "Super Bowl LIX"
Maybe they can have Gene Simmons and Kiss perform at halftime. :D
Todd Pence

Post by Todd Pence »

7DnBrnc53 wrote:
What is the most significant game between these two up until now? Falcons beating Pats 37-21 at Schaefer Week #2 of the '80 season (NE's only loss in that 6-1 start) comes to mind. I'm sure there are better ones.
1972 Week 2: Bill Bell of the Falcons misses a chip shot at the end of regulation, and the Falcons lose to the young Pats 21-20. If they win that game, their game in Week 14 against KC (I think that was the one where they tried to get Dave Hampton 1,000 yards and failed) would have been a win-and-in game no matter what SF did (ATL would have been 9-5 with a win vs. SF's 8-5-1).
Irony of ironies, Bell would find himself kicking for the Patriots the very next season.