A ton of information in this article

Discuss candidates for the Pro Football Hall of Fame and the PFRA's Hall of Very Good
rewing84

Re: A ton of information in this article

Post by rewing84 »

Good point John I don't think there's really a right or wrong answer
JohnTurney

Post by JohnTurney »

rewing84 wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2024 8:40 pm Good point John I don't think there's really a right or wrong answer
agree. We just don't know much about the thinking of the time ... Cliff gave us a lot of insight, but still ... a lot of questions. It's just interesting to me to wonder what happened.

Now? I do think you're right, it's like --- how do we choose? Plus the other Packer ... Cecil Isbell, gums up the works.

But also, too many voters don't care to look that far back --- I dwell too much on past, but that centennial class was the golden opportunity for the super seniors and it was hijacked to a degree, IMO.
rewing84

Post by rewing84 »

JohnTurney wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2024 8:52 pm
rewing84 wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2024 8:40 pm Good point John I don't think there's really a right or wrong answer
agree. We just don't know much about the thinking of the time ... Cliff gave us a lot of insight, but still ... a lot of questions. It's just interesting to me to wonder what happened.

Now? I do think you're right, it's like --- how do we choose? Plus the other Packer ... Cecil Isbell, gums up the works.

But also, too many voters don't care to look that far back --- I dwell too much on past, but that centennial class was the golden opportunity for the super seniors and it was hijacked to a degree, IMO.
I couldn't agree more it was the perfect chance to clear out that 20s backlog
TanksAndSpartans

Post by TanksAndSpartans »

JohnTurney wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2024 8:52 pm that centennial class was the golden opportunity for the super seniors and it was hijacked to a degree, IMO.
Great description. A quick google search showed the second definition for hijack as:

take over (something) and use it for a different purpose.

A class meant for early era players got used for something else. Just 1/10 slots was used correctly, imo.