Lousiest 3-QB trio for each franchise

JohnH19

Re: Lousiest 3-QB trio for each franchise

Post by JohnH19 »

I don't think anyone in the Boston area would ever have a bad thing to say about Doug Flutie.
slats7

Post by slats7 »

COWBOYS - Quincy Carter, Chad Hutchinson, Gary Hogeboom
Babe Laughenberg, Brad Johnson and Brandon Weeden would give them a run for their money.
conace21

Post by conace21 »

JeffreyMiller wrote:
JohnH19 wrote:I also thought of Gary Marangi.
How do Bills fans feel about Rob Johnson?
Kim McQuilken belongs on Atlanta's list. Randy Johnson doesn't. Heisman winner Pat Sullivan was pretty awful as a pro.
Chicago has had a lot of guys worse than Mike Phipps who wasn't great but he did go to the playoffs in '79.
Jim Ninowski could be on Cleveland's or Detroit's list.
Like Ninowski, King Hill had a long ineffective career mostly with the Eagles.
Rob Johnson had his moments too. I would say Billy Joe Hobert was a complete washout during his brief stint--probably deserves at least honorable mention.
I concur with Jeff. Johnson was effective in 1998 and most of 2000, except for his tendency to take sacks, which, combined with his lean frame, led to frequent injuries. He gutted out a game winning drive against Tenn, only to see it overtaken by a cross field pass on the ensuing kickoff.
I've said it before, I can't believe how quickly Johnson fell off. He went from being an effective passer to a disaster. I don't know if the injuries took their toll (his last really effective game was vs the fierce TB defense in 2000, and he took a pounding.)

On another note, I wouldn't have Ty Detmer on the Philadelphia list, but I'm not sure who would replace him. Someone who played in between Jurgensen and Jaworski?

For Jacksonville, I would have Beurlein over Bortles.
ChrisBabcock

Post by ChrisBabcock »

On another note, I wouldn't have Ty Detmer on the Philadelphia list, but I'm not sure who would replace him. Someone who played in between Jurgensen and Jaworski?
yep... Mike Boryla should be on the Eagles list.
Reaser

Post by Reaser »

ChrisBabcock wrote:yep... Mike Boryla should be on the Eagles list.
He also should have been Pro Bowl MVP.
JohnH19

Post by JohnH19 »

I mentioned King Hill as being an inept Eagles QB in a previous post. He was much worse than Boryla.
Gary Najman

Post by Gary Najman »

Todd Pence wrote:These are the guys whose fanbases can never discuss without adding an expletive as if it were a middle name.

BROWNS - Doug Pederson, Brady Quinn, Charlie Frye
What? No Johnny Manziel? I remember when we went to the PFRA Meeting in Cleveland two years ago and I predicted that he would be a bust. He was.
Todd Pence

Post by Todd Pence »

I did set a minimum of eight games started for the team as a qualifier, so that may explain why some names you might expect to be on here aren't. I probably should have lowered it to five because, for one thing, Dan McGwire deserves to be on the Seahawks list more than Mirer does.
Gary Najman

Post by Gary Najman »

Todd Pence wrote:These are the guys whose fanbases can never discuss without adding an expletive as if it were a middle name.
RAIDERS - Andrew Walter, Aaron Brooks, Josh McCown
JaMarcus Russell belongs in the discussion.
JuggernautJ

Post by JuggernautJ »

Not to be argumentative but some of those names may rank with the biggest disappointments for their respective franchises but I can't see them as the worst QBs to suit up for their teams.

I also don't think the only QB to win championships in both the NFL and AFL deserves to be on any "worst" list.

When I first saw the title of the original post Karl Sweetan (Rams) and Ed Luther (Chargers) immediately came to mind.
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/p ... eeKa00.htm
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/p ... thEd00.htm