Clinic players

Gary Najman

Re: Clinic players

Post by Gary Najman »

I like the selection of Charlie Joiner. Although it has been debated if he is a borderline HOFer, when he was active it was said that no one ran better pass routes.
JuggernautJ

Post by JuggernautJ »

I was thinking Alworth for WR but then... could there be a more textbook answer than Jerry Rice?

Can we include any cornerback who played pre-1978?
It would seem to me the rules have changed so much that the textbook would've, also.

No more clothesline or down field contact, nor head slaps or... well, you name it.
Those have all been edited out of the book.
JohnTurney

Post by JohnTurney »

John Maxymuk wrote:I think Adderley was more of a gambler, too. Supposedly, that's a big reason he and Landry did not get along.

I would add Forrest Gregg to your clinic list. He was textbook.
Gregg .. yes a good one. And you're right on Adderly.

Post by 26554 »

JuggernautJ wrote:I was thinking Alworth for WR but then... could there be a more textbook answer than Jerry Rice?
My thought, as well.

Couple more - Emmitt Smith and Marvin Harrison
NWebster

Post by NWebster »

Always felt that Warren Moon had a textbook drop, release, deep ball, etc
bachslunch

Post by bachslunch »

Re cornerbacks, if we can believe Dr. Z, the two best cover corners he ever saw were Jim Johnson and Deion Sanders, plus he has referred to Roger Wehrli, Mike Haynes, and Albert Lewis as the "three great technicians" at this position. Am wondering if they merit a mention here as well.
JohnTurney

Post by JohnTurney »

NWebster wrote:Always felt that Warren Moon had a textbook drop, release, deep ball, etc
yes, he was pretty to watch
JohnTurney

Post by JohnTurney »

bachslunch wrote:Re cornerbacks, if we can believe Dr. Z, the two best cover corners he ever saw were Jim Johnson and Deion Sanders, plus he has referred to Roger Wehrli, Mike Haynes, and Albert Lewis as the "three great technicians" at this position. Am wondering if they merit a mention here as well.
Mike Haynes was mentioned. Albert Lewis does deserve it. Sanders, was not the run stopper that Aeneas Williams was, not the blitzer. But, of course, at coverage he was a shut down" corner