Tuck-rule Game/Bledsoe what-if

7DnBrnc53

Re: Tuck-rule Game/Bledsoe what-if

Post by 7DnBrnc53 »

I guess it depends on what "system" means. If it simply means terminology (in which case, only three offensive have been used in the NFL over the past 40 years or so), then it's true that Brady has played in the same system for his entire career.

But if "system" means the way in which the QB has to read defenses and the progressions he has to go through to find an open receiver, Brady has played in three different systems.
The last 14 years, I have noticed that Brady has relied on a lot of shorter passes to WR's and RB's. That has been a staple of their offense since he took over. Another staple has been, at the very least, a ground attack that's respectable enough that you have to honor it. That indicates to me that he has been in the same basic system his whole career, despite having players like Moss, Welker, Gronk, and Hernandez.
JohnH19

Re: Tuck-rule Game/Bledsoe what-if

Post by JohnH19 »

7DnBrnc53 wrote:
I guess it depends on what "system" means. If it simply means terminology (in which case, only three offensive have been used in the NFL over the past 40 years or so), then it's true that Brady has played in the same system for his entire career.

But if "system" means the way in which the QB has to read defenses and the progressions he has to go through to find an open receiver, Brady has played in three different systems.
The last 14 years, I have noticed that Brady has relied on a lot of shorter passes to WR's and RB's. That has been a staple of their offense since he took over. Another staple has been, at the very least, a ground attack that's respectable enough that you have to honor it.
LOL! That same short passing game system applies to pretty much every team in the league. I'm quite sure you'll find that Brady's average gain per completion is comparable to any other QB of the last 14 years that you care to name.

I have no idea why you don't care for Brady but if that's your only reason, you need to find a better one.