Tom Brady's four-game suspension nullified

oldecapecod11

Re: Tom Brady's four-game suspension nullified

Post by oldecapecod11 »

by James » Thu Sep 03, 2015 4:54 pm
"Not trying to start a war or anything of the like, but Brady was guilty of cheating was he not? So why did the judge overturn the four game suspension? I mean Kraft accepted the punishment, so why this? Makes no sense to me. My wife is pissed as she can't stand Brady, but she does have him as one of her QB's on her fantasy team."

Good to see you back, James.
If you have a copy of any "Guilty" finding concerning Brady, please post it and share.
There have been a lot of suspicions and attempted manipulations but no proof of guilt?

---

by MatthewToy » Thu Sep 03, 2015 11:26 pm
"Nobody has ever hated anything as much as I hate the Brady-Belicheck era New England Patriots. They keep cheating and they keep getting away with it. They make the Madden era Raiders look like choir boys. I expect them to slap a Flying Elvis sticker on a freaking tank and put it on the defensive line. And I also expect them to get away with it."

If you pay close attention to the next telecast from Fakesborough, when they scan the spectators,
you may see a fan's answer for you.
The banner or sign will read: "They hate us 'cause they ain't us"
Is it true they have the infamous snowplow in their little hall of wondrous things?
"It was a different game when I played.
When a player made a good play, he didn't jump up and down.
Those kinds of plays were expected."
~ Arnie Weinmeister
luckyshow

Post by luckyshow »

This judge seems prejudiced against the NFL.

Wasn't this process agreed to by the union in the contract?

Can the ballboys now sue the Patriots for suspending them without pay, for defaming them as well?

Under this ruling Ray Rice should bring suit. He wasn't given adequate notice that his suspension could be changed after the fact.
Last edited by luckyshow on Fri Sep 04, 2015 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
7DnBrnc53

Post by 7DnBrnc53 »

MatthewToy wrote:Nobody has ever hated anything as much as I hate the Brady-Belicheck era New England Patriots. They keep cheating and they keep getting away with it. They make the Madden era Raiders look like choir boys. I expect them to slap a Flying Elvis sticker on a freaking tank and put it on the defensive line. And I also expect them to get away with it.
I agree with you. I have been sick of them since about 04-05. I just didn't understand why this team with average talent was winning so much. Well, we found out.
Steviek

Post by Steviek »

Agree with all the above. Due process or not, the ultimate takeaway is that if you cheat and get away with it, it's fine. Belichick and Brady will be laughing all the way until their day of reckoning.

I wonder if this episode will be the tipping point for the league. Never has it's popularity been greater, but somehow I feel like things are really about to break.
Bob Gill

Post by Bob Gill »

It might not be available if you're not a subscriber, so apologies if you can't read it -- but Bill James (yes, the baseball guy) has a great column about the ruling on his web site, billjamesonline.com.
SixtiesFan

Post by SixtiesFan »

7DnBrnc53 wrote:
MatthewToy wrote:Nobody has ever hated anything as much as I hate the Brady-Belicheck era New England Patriots. They keep cheating and they keep getting away with it. They make the Madden era Raiders look like choir boys. I expect them to slap a Flying Elvis sticker on a freaking tank and put it on the defensive line. And I also expect them to get away with it.
I agree with you. I have been sick of them since about 04-05. I just didn't understand why this team with average talent was winning so much. Well, we found out.
I've observed pro football since 1958 and teams with "average talent" don't win as often or for as long as the Patriots have.
Steviek

Post by Steviek »

Bob Gill wrote:It might not be available if you're not a subscriber, so apologies if you can't read it -- but Bill James (yes, the baseball guy) has a great column about the ruling on his web site, billjamesonline.com.
It's free and available.

He goes into lots of detail about why Brady destroying his cell phone should not be considered a big deal, but no where does he mention that he did not destroy older cell phones still in his possession. He also says nothing about the "deflator" text messages between McNally and Jastremski.

So He seem cherry picking information for his argument for lack of preponderance of evidence.
BD Sullivan

Post by BD Sullivan »

Steviek wrote:
Bob Gill wrote:It might not be available if you're not a subscriber, so apologies if you can't read it -- but Bill James (yes, the baseball guy) has a great column about the ruling on his web site, billjamesonline.com.
It's free and available.

He goes into lots of detail about why Brady destroying his cell phone should not be considered a big deal, but no where does he mention that he did not destroy older cell phones still in his possession. He also says nothing about the "deflator" text messages between McNally and Jastremski.

So He seem cherry picking information for his argument for lack of preponderance of evidence.
James also works for the BOSTON Red Sox and thought Pete Rose got a raw deal.
oldecapecod11

Post by oldecapecod11 »

Johnny Horton might have said it best: "... turn those guns around..."

Maybe it's about time for some large bore shelling of the nfl and a majority of its owners individually and severally?

Has Tom Brady's image been damaged? Of course it has.
Has this collective vendetta caused friction in his marriage? Certain recent posts imply that it has.
Should Brady eventually become a free agent has this lessened his marketability? No doubt it has.

Someone here mentioned the league is riding for a fall.

It seems the opportunity is now.

Willie Gary is just the person to do it.
Any man that can win against Disneyland and Anheuser-Busch can bring the nfl and its conspirators to their knees.

Meanwhile, anyone who could stand glimpses of the Giants-Patriots imitation of Saturday Night Live saw an excess of #12s.
So, the league is already benefiting from the fiasco. Time to share the wealth?
"It was a different game when I played.
When a player made a good play, he didn't jump up and down.
Those kinds of plays were expected."
~ Arnie Weinmeister
JohnH19

Post by JohnH19 »

7DnBrnc53 wrote:
Seriously? I'm not a Pats fan by any stretch but they haven't won anything by cheating. They beat the Colts 17-7 with the balls in question and 28-0 with regulation balls. They have average talent everywhere but at QB and in the Head Coach's office. That combination appears to have been enough to get to six SBs and to have won four of them.