Alex Boone on Harbaugh

rockhawk

Re: Alex Boone on Harbaugh

Post by rockhawk »

rhickok1109 wrote:Yeah, Lombardi was a megalomaniac. So is Belicheck. And any number of successful coaches.
There have also been plenty of successful coaches that were level headed (Joe Gibbs, George Seifert, Marv Levy).

Back to the specific topic. Alex Boone wasn't wrong for calling out his own coach. Harbaugh went too far with his crazed behavior and he lost the team. That is a fact.
PapaShogun

Post by PapaShogun »

rockhawk wrote:
rhickok1109 wrote:Yeah, Lombardi was a megalomaniac. So is Belicheck. And any number of successful coaches.
There have also been plenty of successful coaches that were level headed (Joe Gibbs, George Seifert, Marv Levy).

Back to the specific topic. Alex Boone wasn't wrong for calling out his own coach. Harbaugh went too far with his crazed behavior and he lost the team. That is a fact.
Actually it isn't a fact. It's just an unsubstantiated opinion. No one will know the entire story unless you were there day in and day out. Chris Culliver the very next day came out and expressed his support for Harbaugh while also calling out Alex Boone.

A lot of players this past season came to the defense of Jim. Not everyone is going to like the methods of their boss. I highly doubt everyone was on board with Walsh, Belicheck, and Parcells.

Boone claimed he "already made it past the mountain" regarding Harbaugh's message. That is a very disturbing attitude to have since Boone doesn't have a ring to show for it. Not the kind of mentality I want from players on my team. Speaking as a fan of course.
rockhawk

Post by rockhawk »

Okay, you're right, I guess my statement was more of an opinion than fact. But let us keep in mind that the 49ers were a Super Bowl contender and they ended the year a mediocre 8-8, including a loss to the lowly Raiders. Isn't it entirely possible that Harbaugh lost his team?