2024 Season Notes Weeks 1-3

Brian wolf

2024 Season Notes Weeks 1-3

Post by Brian wolf »

Just general comments on weeks 1-3 with surprises in the Bengals and Jags going winless so far. Many injuries with new players trying to step up, while every week different skill position players emerge as potential fantasy team pickups.

The Bills, Seahawks and Chiefs stay undefeated, with the Cowboys losing their last three games at home dating back to last year's playoffs. I know the Cowboys were desperate trying to come back against the Ravens but had they kicked their extra points with Aubrey, who also kicked a 65 yrd FG, instead of chasing after two-point conversions that failed, the Cowboys could have tried to tie it up with over five minutes left. They scored a late TD but lost by three.

Hopefully, the Panthers will continue to work on Bryce Young's confidence but it might be a blessing if he got traded. Tepper is one of the worst owners in football and Canales might be hoping that a veteran QB can rally the team and keep the owner off his back. We will see if Dalton can maintain momentum but the defense has to get better as well.

It might be time for Huntley to start in Miami and the Chargers better hope Stick can help the team in case Herbert misses time.*
Big time game next week for the Vikings against GB, who should get back Love. Staying with the ground game will be a wise decision ... too bad the Bears cant run the ball to help out Williams.

*My bad, forgot Heinicke joined the team. He may start this weekend.
Last edited by Brian wolf on Tue Sep 24, 2024 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CSKreager

Re: 2024 Season Notes Weeks 1-3

Post by CSKreager »

The Chiefs and Steelers: undefeated but unimpressive
Brian wolf

Post by Brian wolf »

Steelers are winning with defense, though Warren is battling back from injury. Too bad they lost the rookie tackle because Arthur Smith loves running the ball.

Atlanta had their chance to beat KC. That play in the endzone wasnt a pass interference because the ball was underthrown.

Is Doug Pederson on the hot seat in Jax? These players are simply not responding.

Yep, Baker Mayfield spouts off about Tom Brady and his intensity, then gets outplayed by a rookie QB in Denver. Like Clark Judge said, "stay in your lane" ...
JuggernautJ

Post by JuggernautJ »

I know I've said it before (please forgive my repetitiveness) but I just Love to see teams play who played regularly pre-merger but seldom do nowadays.

Cowboys/Browns to start the season.
Colts/Packers, Colts/Bears, Browns/Giants thus far.

Upcoming: Steelers/Giants, Colts/Lions, Colts/Giants, Browns/Eagles, Steelers/Cowboys... etc., etc., etc.

I guess these types of games are occurring more regularly with expansion and more games added to the schedule but they still bring me a lot of joy.
I feel like I am 10 again, watching the games with my dad.
Now, if only there was a way to watch in grainy black and white the effect would be complete (well, sans some of the old uniforms).
Brian wolf

Post by Brian wolf »

Thanks JuggernautJ ...

I miss watching football and movies with my dad. We watched so many movies, especially on tv and drive-in theatres but once he remarried and I became an adult ... Nada ... it still hurts, though I should have tried to make it happen more. He simply didnt like me, or my mouth ... I understand.

When I was young, I used to here old- timers talking about how the game had changed and I thought they were crazy, especially with all the exciting offensive football circa 1978, but now, I understand and defensive football will never be the same.
Brian wolf

Post by Brian wolf »

Haha ... I praise Aubrey for the Cowboys, who kicks a 60 yrd FG tonight but misses from 51 yrds towards the end that costs me my bet. Sheesh ... I blame those crappy 1960 uniforms.
Sonny9

Post by Sonny9 »

The last 3 games no Cowboy running back has had a rush for 10 yards or more. The first game the RB long was 10 yards
Brian wolf

Post by Brian wolf »

Surprised the Cowboys havent activated Dalvin Cook? Elliot isnt getting the ball enough as well, even in short yardage. Will he even get to 10,000 yards? Derrick Henry could be the last one, unless Chubb can rebound from his knee injuries.