2024 NFL Predictions

SeahawkFever

Re: 2024 NFL Predictions

Post by SeahawkFever »

CSKreager wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2024 12:59 pm Kansas City is the least impressive 2-0 team
Granted last year we saw them have an underwhelming regular season only to turn it on in the playoffs. I don’t remember if they felt this underwhelming at the start of the season though.
74_75_78_79_

Post by 74_75_78_79_ »

SeahawkFever wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2024 2:25 pm All I can say is at least so far it looks like I’m eating my crow with regard to what I thought about the Vikings.

They look much better than one of the few worst teams in the league unlike I thought they could have.
Yes, its just two games. One of them against the Giants and the other against a San Fran team obviously not at full-strength. But even if I may have seen the Vikings of two years ago in the same vein as the '01 Bears, I was sold on O'Connell and wouldn't be surprised if he, indeed, pulls more rabbits out the hat. He IS from the School of Belichick and could not have been tutored by a Better QB!! They returning to the playoffs this year would be like the Bears going back in 2003. I'm not saying it's going to happen, I guess I have to stick with they still finishing last in their division, but I'm just going to say that I wouldn't be surprised. And I honestly had a weird feeling against San Fran going into yesterday's game (man is last year's SB-participant, Purdy, still getting abuse from talking-heads).

And, btw, I'm still sticking with my 'Panthers make playoffs/Canales COY' pick.
Brian wolf

Post by Brian wolf »

Looks like the Red Rifle will get his chance for Carolina. Hard to bet on alot of these lame QBs but Jackson and Burrow need team wins bad.

I know its overreaction monday but KC better find a replacement for Pacheco, who is fun to watch. Could they sign --gulp-- Kareem Hunt? Is Fournette available?
CSKreager

Post by CSKreager »

SeahawkFever wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2024 2:26 pm
CSKreager wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2024 12:59 pm Kansas City is the least impressive 2-0 team
Granted last year we saw them have an underwhelming regular season only to turn it on in the playoffs. I don’t remember if they felt this underwhelming at the start of the season though.
KC is two plays from 0-2

They're not 'finding ways to win'

they are playing with fire

eventually winning a lot of close games turns against you
Brian wolf

Post by Brian wolf »

Philly fans have to be livid ... secondary was lax on that final Falcons drive that won the game. NFC Least had a bad weekend except for the Washington Daniels
sheajets

Post by sheajets »

Jets dismantle the Patriots 24-3...basically the complete effort w/Rodgers that we've all been waiting for. Game felt like it should've been 40-3

Rodgers looked like his prime self, and even showed a good amount of mobility. New York physically dominated from start to finish.

They got through this unpleasant 3 games in 11 days stretch to start the season in good shape
sheajets

Post by sheajets »

Brian wolf wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2024 4:31 pm Looks like the Red Rifle will get his chance for Carolina. Hard to bet on alot of these lame QBs but Jackson and Burrow need team wins bad.

I know its overreaction monday but KC better find a replacement for Pacheco, who is fun to watch. Could they sign --gulp-- Kareem Hunt? Is Fournette available?
I wonder if Miami will look at Dalton with the uncertainty of the Tua situation. I wouldn't be comfortable going forward with Thompson though they have so many weapons...have to bring a professional veteran in there
Brian wolf

Post by Brian wolf »

Thompson has mobility and should have the element of surprise since there isnt alot of game tape for other teams to digest. The question is, does he have the accuracy and anticipation to hit the open receivers like Tua did? He cant look at the rush and has to trust his system. If not, Huntley will play quickly and has experience.

Good win for the Jets who got a boost from the home crowd. McDonald is undersized but playing well. The Patriots had no life in this game.
CSKreager

Post by CSKreager »

Take Mahomes off the Chiefs, this is a 5-6 win team at best