PFRA Top 50 Senior Hall of Fame candidates

Discuss candidates for the Pro Football Hall of Fame and the PFRA's Hall of Very Good
SeahawkFever

PFRA Top 50 Senior Hall of Fame candidates

Post by SeahawkFever »

Hello everyone,

In an email with someone who works for the Pro Football Hall of Fame, I mentioned that I am in the PFRA in the email.

I proceeded to get an email from the person saying he would be interested to hear what candidates the PFRA considers to be the top 50 out of all the senior preliminary nominations.

For those who have not looked at the list, you can find it here: https://www.profootballhof.com/news/202 ... s-of-2025/

I would have answered the question myself, but I haven’t even been on this blog site for one year, and I don’t know if the 50 players I would pick would necessarily be who you all would.

So what would each of your top 50’s be?

Leave what your list would be here, and I will reply to that email in a week or week and a half in all likelihood.
Brian wolf

Re: PFRA Top 50 Senior Hall of Fame candidates

Post by Brian wolf »

The PFRA has always recommended that Lavvie Dilweg and Al Wistert be elected. I wont recommend 50 players but these are my top 25 players not in the HOF ...

My Top 25 seniors not in the HOF (No particular order)

Jim Tyrer
Verne Lewellen
Lavvie Dilweg
Ox Emerson
Al Wistert
Jim Benton
Riley Matheson
Gene Brito
Charlie Conerly
Jimmy Patton
Del Shofner
Jim Ray Smith
Bill Howton
Art Powell
Eddie Meador
Dave Grayson
Dick Anderson
Jake Scott
Harvey Martin
Lemar Parrish
Deron Cherry
Joe Jacoby
Roger Craig
Fred Smerlas
Sterling Sharpe

I could easily substitute five of these players for Jim Katcavage, Mike Kenn, Dick Barwegan, Dick Schafrath and Albert Lewis, its close for alot of players.
rewing84

Post by rewing84 »

Tyrer is a very tricky case for very obvious reasons
George Bozeka

Post by George Bozeka »

This thread is being locked. Correspondence with the HOF regarding the endorsement of candidates is not permitted without the review and approval of the PFRA Board!