Seniors

Discuss candidates for the Pro Football Hall of Fame and the PFRA's Hall of Very Good
rewing84

Re: Seniors

Post by rewing84 »

Bryan wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2024 9:44 pm
rewing84 wrote: Fri May 31, 2024 9:42 pm id like to know who wrote that headline saying that neither were worthy because i disagree with that author 100% in terms of jake scott not being worthy for the hall
I write the headlines. I am the Dick Wolf of PFRA. It was admittedly an old headline, and I think now the HOF was been watered down, so a career like Scott's or Anderson's shouldn't be dismissed. I originally thought their 'period of effectiveness' was too short for HOF standards, but I've always thought both were HOF-talent players. I would put either guy in before some of the guys currently in the HOF and before Eddie Meador.
Gotcha Bryan thanks for the clarification. And I agree I would put scott or anderson in before meador
SeahawkFever

Post by SeahawkFever »

Gary Najman wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 8:33 pm Many don't remember that Scott started his pro career with the CFL' BC Lions in 1969 as a wide receiver. And in his final NFL season in 1978 he had 7 interceptions while playing for Washington. I think Scott and Dick Anderson are HOF worthy, but it seems that they have been cancelling each other in the Seniors ballot.
I could totally see why Jake Scott and Dick Anderson could've cancelled each other out in the minds of some voters.

The best accolades received by either one are Scott's Super Bowl MVP, and Anderson's Defensive Player of the Year and All Decade Team selection.

If a player hypothetically had 49 interceptions (which Scott ended up getting), a Super Bowl MVP, a DPOY, and an all -decade team selection, then that player may have made it to Canton by now.
rewing84

Post by rewing84 »

SeahawkFever wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2024 2:18 am
Gary Najman wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 8:33 pm Many don't remember that Scott started his pro career with the CFL' BC Lions in 1969 as a wide receiver. And in his final NFL season in 1978 he had 7 interceptions while playing for Washington. I think Scott and Dick Anderson are HOF worthy, but it seems that they have been cancelling each other in the Seniors ballot.
I could totally see why Jake Scott and Dick Anderson could've cancelled each other out in the minds of some voters.

The best accolades received by either one are Scott's Super Bowl MVP, and Anderson's Defensive Player of the Year and All Decade Team selection.

If a player hypothetically had 49 interceptions (which Scott ended up getting), a Super Bowl MVP, a DPOY, and an all -decade team selection, then that player may have made it to Canton by now.
I will agree with that 100% that makes perfect sense