Best, and worst, team this decade so far?

74_75_78_79_

Best, and worst, team this decade so far?

Post by 74_75_78_79_ »

Just four seasons gone in this, here, 2020s decade. Whether its a Super Bowl-winner, a strong runner-up, or a team that didn't even make it to that very game but were eliminated in an upset, what one-year team do you think is best thus far? And what one-year team do you think is the weakest whether the team had a worse record than anyone else or didn't have the worst record but you still think they're the worst?
Bryan

Re: Best, and worst, team this decade so far?

Post by Bryan »

The team I wouldn't to have wanted to face in the postseason was Tom Brady's Bucs. The worst team IMO was Urban Meyer's Jags team. That was a total trainwreck. I will say that DJ Chark played for the three worst teams of the decade so far...2020 Jags. 2021 Jags, 2023 Panthers.
Brian wolf

Post by Brian wolf »

It's a toss-up between the 2020 Packers and the 2022 Chiefs. The Packers I felt, were just as good as the Bucs but were out-coached in the NFC championship game. How do you not win after intercepting Brady three times in the second half? Kevin King was constantly burned, yet the Packers had their chances to at least tie the score.

The Chief's young defense in 2022 grew leaps and bounds with the offense not missing a beat after losing Tyreek Hill. Eagles fans are still upset about the SB field but the Chiefs didn't get a good pass rush either. The Eagles had no answers for the pick plays Andy Reid called ...
Brian wolf

Post by Brian wolf »

Bryan is right about the Jags, especially 2020 but the Texans in 2022 were terrible as well.
74_75_78_79_

Post by 74_75_78_79_ »

What do you all think about the 1-15 Saints of Covid-2020? Perhaps a nice debate on whose worse between they and the bag-heads of 1980!

Yes, Bryan, the 2021 Bucs I really thought would win it again - but as a best-record-in-league team this time! I actually do remember prior to the season me predicting they losing to Rams early along with Hoddie's Pats giving them that good game as they did, but still thought they'd be a top-seed that would repeat. But, I guess, Rams had their # at that immediate time and that was that!

Not definite who the "worst" team is. Maybe it is those 1-15 Saints of 2020; or Urban Meyer's Jags.

But, I think, thus far that the Super Bowl before last (LVII) determined who - again, thus far - was the best of the decade so far; and that's the 16-3 Eagles against the 16-3 Chiefs!

Yes, 2022 Kansas City Chiefs (17-3) the best of the 2020's so far, IMO! Maybe the Eagles are #2. Maybe the '21 Bucs are #2, Not sure. And, maybe, you can consider either of these past two San Fran installments as honorable-mentions, 'what-if-ing' they being full strength in that NFCCG loss at Philly.
Last edited by 74_75_78_79_ on Wed Jun 05, 2024 4:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
CSKreager

Post by CSKreager »

Brian wolf wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2024 7:29 pm It's a toss-up between the 2020 Packers and the 2022 Chiefs. The Packers I felt, were just as good as the Bucs but were out-coached in the NFC championship game. How do you not win after intercepting Brady three times in the second half? Kevin King was constantly burned, yet the Packers had their chances to at least tie the score.
Outcoached? Yeah right. Tampa Bay won in SPITE of coaching. Other than Switzer, I think Bruce Arians is the worst coach to ever win a SB. Any HC could have won a SB with that Bucs roster- even Hue Jackson.
74_75_78_79_

Post by 74_75_78_79_ »

CSKreager wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2024 7:16 pm
Brian wolf wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2024 7:29 pm It's a toss-up between the 2020 Packers and the 2022 Chiefs. The Packers I felt, were just as good as the Bucs but were out-coached in the NFC championship game. How do you not win after intercepting Brady three times in the second half? Kevin King was constantly burned, yet the Packers had their chances to at least tie the score.
Outcoached? Yeah right. Tampa Bay won in SPITE of coaching. Other than Switzer, I think Bruce Arians is the worst coach to ever win a SB. Any HC could have won a SB with that Bucs roster- even Hue Jackson.
I wouldn't be too certain of that. Yes, when he was the Steelers' OC I, right or wrong, preferred another due to his pass-heavy ways. But Steelers did win a SB with him at OC. Took over well for Pagano in Indy, and led Arizona to their first 13-win regular season ever (best win-%age season for Cards since '48) along with a trip to the NFCCG. Not sure where he ranks amongst SB-winning HCs but I can't at all imagine he as being "worst". He followed-up that Lombardi in 2020 with a 13-4 showing. They just met up with a Rams team that matched-up well vs them. He said that he'd just sit back and let Brady take care of the rest but that really wasn't true. He, indeed, played a part in that title which concluded with that lopsided win over Andy, Mahomes & Co.

And he IS...from the School of Bear Bryant! He always COULD coach!
Brian wolf

Post by Brian wolf »

Other than Switzer, probably the worst HC winning a SB was either Ditka or Billick but it's subjective of course. Some people thought Gruden was overrated.