PFHOF busts

Crazy Packers Fan

PFHOF busts

Post by Crazy Packers Fan »

Weird question but I figure this is the place to ask. For those inducted into the PFHOF in the sixties, are those the same busts in the Hall today? Or have new ones been made over the years because of aging? I seem to remember much more recently Brett Favre's bust being changed, but I can't be sure. Just a random question I thought I'd throw out there.
ChrisBabcock

Re: PFHOF busts

Post by ChrisBabcock »

Great question. I don't THINK so. (But I don't know for sure) I only say that because the times I've visited the Hall over the years I've noticed it seems like the older busts seem a little more worn. Probably after years of people touching them and patting them on the head. Also the newer ones seem a bit more detailed. A sign that different sculptors took over the job over the years.

Sidebar...
I remember a bizarre story about how O.J. Simpson's bust somehow got stolen and was thankfully recovered dumped along and expressway somewhere near Cleveland. This was in the mid 90s after... you know what.... happened.
JuggernautJ

Post by JuggernautJ »

ChrisBabcock wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2024 7:25 pm This was in the mid 90s after... you know what.... happened.
After he got... busted?
JohnTurney

Post by JohnTurney »

Crazy Packers Fan wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2024 12:57 pm Weird question but I figure this is the place to ask. For those inducted into the PFHOF in the sixties, are those the same busts in the Hall today? Or have new ones been made over the years because of aging? I seem to remember much more recently Brett Favre's bust being changed, but I can't be sure. Just a random question I thought I'd throw out there.

they are the same ones ... the new ones are better -- better artists ... Blair Buswell came in about 1983 ... I think Sid Gillman was his first. The old ones do show wear ... at some point they may have to replace ...

but someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but they are all originals, IMO
SixtiesFan

Post by SixtiesFan »

ChrisBabcock wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2024 7:25 pm Great question. I don't THINK so. (But I don't know for sure) I only say that because the times I've visited the Hall over the years I've noticed it seems like the older busts seem a little more worn. Probably after years of people touching them and patting them on the head. Also the newer ones seem a bit more detailed. A sign that different sculptors took over the job over the years.

Sidebar...
I remember a bizarre story about how O.J. Simpson's bust somehow got stolen and was thankfully recovered dumped along and expressway somewhere near Cleveland. This was in the mid 90s after... you know what.... happened.
I remember reading about that.