New Coffin Corner Issue 1 of 2015

cdwillis
Site Moderator

New Coffin Corner Issue 1 of 2015

Post by cdwillis »

Hello PFRA Members,

Just wanted to let you know that the first issue of the 2015 The Coffin Corner is now available for immediate download in the
Members Only section. Just click the cover. Articles in the first issue include:

PFRA-ternizing by Chris Willis. The Executive Director reviews the previous year in his State of the PFRA address and looks ahead to 2015, including announcements on the nominations for both the Hall of Very Good and candidates for elective office.

The Hall of Very Good Class of 2014 by Ken Crippen and Andy Piascik, with illustrations by John Richards. Mini-biographies of last year’s class including Larry Brown, Nolan Cromwell, Larry Grantham, Charlie Hennigan, Harlon Hill, Winston Hill, George Kunz and Ken Stabler.

The 2014 PFRA Award Winners. Pete Fierle, Bill Ryczek and John Turney earned the laurels from the PFRA for 2014.

Lavvie Dilweg: The Best End We Ever Forgot by Bob Carroll. (Coffin Corner Classic, updated from 1986) Whether you spell it Lavie or Lavvie, LaVern Ralph Dilweg of the Green Bay Packers was one of the greatest ends of the 1920s and 1930s. A still relevant article from the PFRA’s founder.

Playing (Back) the Percentages: Part One by Mark L. Ford. If you like numbers, you’re gonna love this entertaining look at teams' win-loss records by season (or winning percentages). Part One covers clubs with .500 records and above. Losers, as is their lot in life, come last (in Part Two).

Seventh Son of a Seventh Son by Tracy Thibeau. Kansas City quarterback Len Dawson had that birth distinction and was definitely special. A short biography of the man who went from third-string to the Hall of Fame.

Enjoy issue number one,
Chris Willis
PFRA
cdwillis
Reaser

Re: New Coffin Corner Issue 1 of 2015

Post by Reaser »

Nice, we're on Volume 37 Issue 1 ...

... and the last CC I got was Volume 36 Issue 4 (Strahan on cover)
oldecapecod11

Post by oldecapecod11 »

I just got two in the mail last week: September/October and November/December.
(Those were the Retzlaff [9/10] and Dan Marino [11/12] covers.)
In Truth, one might have been sitting there for a week-or-so because I only pick up mail about twice a month.
I will bet that is another matter that Ken will straighten.
"It was a different game when I played.
When a player made a good play, he didn't jump up and down.
Those kinds of plays were expected."
~ Arnie Weinmeister
jmvillelabeitia

Post by jmvillelabeitia »

Reaser wrote:Nice, we're on Volume 37 Issue 1 ...

... and the last CC I got was Volume 36 Issue 4 (Strahan on cover)
I have received all the issues correctly and I live in Spain, Europe.
JoeZagorski

Post by JoeZagorski »

Speaking of Len Dawson...I really wish that both he and Bart Starr could toss the coin at Super Bowl 50, in commemoration of the two starting quarterbacks in Super Bowl I.

Joe Zagorski
74_75_78_79_

Post by 74_75_78_79_ »

Joe Zagorski wrote:Speaking of Len Dawson...I really wish that both he and Bart Starr could toss the coin at Super Bowl 50, in commemoration of the two starting quarterbacks in Super Bowl I.

Joe Zagorski
AWESOME idea!
Reaser

Post by Reaser »

74_75_78_79_ wrote:
Joe Zagorski wrote:Speaking of Len Dawson...I really wish that both he and Bart Starr could toss the coin at Super Bowl 50, in commemoration of the two starting quarterbacks in Super Bowl I.

Joe Zagorski
AWESOME idea!
As much as I'm against the ridiculous number of people that are on the field for the SB coin-toss these days, I also think this is a good idea.