JohnH19

Re: 2023 season, Week 1

Post by JohnH19 »

Chris Streveler is available.
JWL

Post by JWL »

sheajets wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 11:50 am
Brian wolf wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 12:56 pm The Jets I believe, will re-sign Flacco. Is Biscuit still available?
They'll say they believe in Zach and roll with him until he throws up all over himself...and he will because he's terrible. There could be QB's available in 4 weeks that are not necessarily on the table now depending how other teams seasons go. Right now they best you might get is a Wentz or a Matt Ryan...but they need a QB. The team is good and it's a slap in the players faces to put someone like Wilson out there long term.
I wouldn't bet money on Wilson having improved enough to lead the Jets to the playoffs due to him being awesome. Did he improve enough to not be an embarrassment is the wonder. The league did not add a "Zach Wilson must suck forevermore" rule this past offseason.
sheajets

Post by sheajets »

JWL wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 12:02 pm
sheajets wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 11:50 am
Brian wolf wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 12:56 pm The Jets I believe, will re-sign Flacco. Is Biscuit still available?
They'll say they believe in Zach and roll with him until he throws up all over himself...and he will because he's terrible. There could be QB's available in 4 weeks that are not necessarily on the table now depending how other teams seasons go. Right now they best you might get is a Wentz or a Matt Ryan...but they need a QB. The team is good and it's a slap in the players faces to put someone like Wilson out there long term.
I wouldn't bet money on Wilson having improved enough to lead the Jets to the playoffs due to him being awesome. Did he improve enough to not be an embarrassment is the wonder. The league did not add a "Zach Wilson must suck forevermore" rule this past offseason.
Hopefully I'll be proved wrong, but this team I feel really turned on Zach last season (that win of Chicago when they started White, you could see how much they loved and rallied around him) Zach gets a another chance this year...will they stick with him through tough games and continue to believe in him? Right now everyone is saying the right things, but if they lose a winnable 19-17 game vs the Cowboys there will be a lot of grumbling
GameBeforeTheMoney

Post by GameBeforeTheMoney »

I thought last year Saleh did a good job overall and has that team on an upward trajectory with or without Rodgers. From what I've seen Saleh has seemed to be able to do more with less. I won't count the Jets out. I think the Falcons are also on a similar path with Aurthur Smith - both of them could be the surprise teams of the year, IMO. I'd add the Lions to that list, but I think most fans aren't surprised at how much the Lions have improved if they've paid attention to what's been happening under Campbell. Commanders are another team I'm really watching this year with the addition of Bienemy.

Having watched A-Rodge since he came to Green Bay and having watched all of Favre's career with the Packers - it's almost like watching the same sad ending again. Favre still is one of my favorite players ever, but to watch him just degrade on that ankle - that was sad to watch. Snd then seeing Rodgers go down like this - it's just not the way you want things to go for guys you've cheered for 15+ years.
Podcast: https://Podcast.TheGameBeforeTheMoney.com

Website/Blog: https://TheGameBeforeTheMoney.com

Author's Name: Jackson Michael
Crazy Packers Fan

Post by Crazy Packers Fan »

Rodgers says he'll be back, and I believe him. I just don't think he's going to be his whole self again. He will need the Jets to set up an offense similar to that of Big Ben's final years in Pittsburgh. He was a stationary quarterback and the Steelers knew it, so they made it so that he almost never had to run. But sadly I see this turning out about as well as 2010 did for Favre. While I was hoping to have an AFC team to cheer for, I don't think he's going to get the Jets to the Super Bowl. Had he not gotten hurt? Absolutely they would have had a shot.
Brian wolf

Post by Brian wolf »

Well sheajets ... Hackett didnt exactly run his runners yesterday and Wilson succumbed to pressure, with Dallas winning easily.
I know the line needs to get better but run blocking would make it easier on them ...
sheajets

Post by sheajets »

Brian wolf wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 12:58 pm Well sheajets ... Hackett didnt exactly run his runners yesterday and Wilson succumbed to pressure, with Dallas winning easily.
I know the line needs to get better but run blocking would make it easier on them ...
It was a massacre. Dallas is great, it was a short week and we have no QB...but I still would've liked to have seen better. The D couldn't get off the field. Total no show by the Jets in every facet

The Jets Oline was never going to be great in 2023 but they should not be this bad.
Brian wolf

Post by Brian wolf »

Damn, bad injury to Nick Chubb ... hope he isnt lost for the year. A class player ...
JWL

Post by JWL »

sheajets wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 2:33 pm
Brian wolf wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 12:58 pm Well sheajets ... Hackett didnt exactly run his runners yesterday and Wilson succumbed to pressure, with Dallas winning easily.
It was a massacre. Dallas is great, it was a short week and we have no QB...but I still would've liked to have seen better. The D couldn't get off the field. Total no show by the Jets in every facet

The Jets Oline was never going to be great in 2023 but they should not be this bad.
Okay, I'm done. Zach Wilson should not be allowed to play again for the Jets unless in garbage time. He is still at the embarrassment level. He has to make significant improvements to merely be called "bad."
racepug

Post by racepug »

JWL wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 11:03 amOkay, I'm done. Zach Wilson should not be allowed to play again for the Jets unless in garbage time. He is still at the embarrassment level. He has to make significant improvements to merely be called "bad."
Broadway Joe agrees with you 100%: https://sports.yahoo.com/joe-namath-cal ... 58819.html