2022/23 Super Bowl

GameBeforeTheMoney

Re: 2022/23 Super Bowl

Post by GameBeforeTheMoney »

Well, of course Belichick is THE best right now -- of current coaches...
Podcast: https://Podcast.TheGameBeforeTheMoney.com

Website/Blog: https://TheGameBeforeTheMoney.com

Author's Name: Jackson Michael
Bryan

Post by Bryan »

racepug

Post by racepug »

Brian wolf wrote:Like JWL mentioned ... a big opening drive to start the second half. The Eagles couldnt push the lead and didnt run Sanders enough ...
I guess MVP Mahomes gave a stirring halftime speech: https://www.yahoo.com/news/patrick-maho ... 00008.html
racepug

Post by racepug »

GameBeforeTheMoney wrote:Well, of course Belichick is THE best right now -- of current coaches...
He is but I have to say that some of the luster has gone off of his legacy for me since his teams haven't really done anything of note since TB12 left.
Bryan

Post by Bryan »

Jay Z wrote:But if you're going to punt on a 4th and 2, in that game, in the 4th quarter, how can you possibly run a play where you are doing a throwaway pass. You absolutely have to do a running play there. You're already sneaking on every 1 yard play anyway, how can you do that. That was awful in such a close game of this nature, I'd like to know where the breakdown occurred.
Aside from all the on-field things that happened, I thought that sequence was really when the Eagles lost it from a strategic standpoint. It reminded me of the Seahawks throwing a slant on 1st and goal or the Vikings rolling Favre out against the Saints. The Hurts Wedge play had been the Eagles trademark all season. It was even successful multiple times earlier in the Super Bowl. The Eagles had two tries to get short yardage against the KC defense that had yet to stop them in that situation...I'm guessing a sneak on 3rd down would get at least 3 yards. If you somehow get stopped short, you go for it again. If they stop you again, more power to KC for stepping up. But the heave-punt sequence at that important junction of the game was almost like giving up.
Brian wolf

Post by Brian wolf »

For me, the possible turning point in this game was the non-catch by Smith down the sideline. I felt it was a catch that could have put the Eagles in a position to go up 28-14 but they didnt get it. Still, with 15 seconds in the first half, the Birds had a first down at the KC 19 yrd line and then threw a stupid short pass that ate up too much time before the FG and a 24-14 lead. With 15 seconds, they could have thrown at least two passes into the endzone to Brown or Goedert but wasted their last time out on the pass that only gained a yard.
Brian wolf

Post by Brian wolf »

Good call on the crucial 3rd and 2 sequence that was punted by Philly, Jay Z.

Yes, they should have ran for the first down but the Chiefs did a double run blitz inside that the linebacker Gay, forced a sprintout by Hurts and another good rush by DE Dunlap that helped force an incompletion. The punt wasnt the best yet the coverage wasnt either, as Giants cast-off Toney showed Curtis Martin-style lateral speed going for a 65-yard return around the Eagles flank ...
Brian wolf

Post by Brian wolf »

A lot of fan, viewer and spectators emotion after this last SB game. Of course fans of the Chiefs are ecstatic over winning a second championship in only a four year period, after winning only one SB in the previous 50 seasons of NFL football.

For a city that was left and criticized by Charlie Finley as a "horseshit town" in the 60s, to football player tragedies involving Mack Lee Hill, Stone Johnson, Fred Arbanas, Bruce McLenna, Joe Delaney, Derrick Thomas and Jovan Belcher, this city has went from extreme lows, to extreme recent highs. Expectations were tough however, after their great success starting with hosting the AFC Championship from 2018 to the present, with two SB victories out of three in that five year period.

For the Eagles they came very close, with a QB that could have been MVP for the game--save for a critical turnover-- and a defense that gave up TD drives on every possession except the game winning FG. Fans of the Eagles have been extremely upset with coach Gannon, who is now the new HC of the Cardinals with their own version of Jaylen Hurts but the Eagles simply couldnt stop a HOF player like Mahomes, who moved well, had his usual quick release and arm talent, who could also look off defenders and lead ball control drives to win the game.

In a game where both teams are putting the ball on the QBs shoulders--though the Chiefs ran the ball better--the QB with the fewest mistakes win and Philly has to wonder about the piss-poor clock management before halftime with a chance to get a TD, settling for the FG and the 3rd and 2 throwaway in the 3rd quarter, that results in a punt return that sets up an easy opposing TD.
These coaching gaffes from Sirianni, not just Gannon on defense--cost the Eagles and still frustrate Birds fans ...

Spoils To The Victors

Reid -- the Walrus joins the fraternity of coaches with multiple championships
Mahomes -- From MVP awards to HOF bound
Kelce -- will follow fellow legend Gonzales to HOF
Jones -- career is only getting better
Bolton -- defensive MVP
Dunlap -- HOVG career with a championship
Pacheco -- great finish to a rookie season
McKinnon, Valdez-Scantling, Shuster -- big free agent seasons

Great Games In Defeat

Hurts -- Met the challenge of Lamar Jackson-type responsibility but the defense faltered
Brown -- big catches and also prevented an interception
Smith -- great game but bad call on his non-catch kept the Chiefs in the game
Kelce -- line had their way with the defense but runners didnt get enough carries
racepug

Post by racepug »

GameBeforeTheMoney wrote:Well, of course Belichick is THE best right now -- of current coaches...
Apparently B.B. is on the "hot seat" in N.E.: https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles ... 2_39032285
racepug

Post by racepug »

Believe it or not, "PatriotsWire" recently asked if B.B. should be traded for draft picks (in much the same way "Nawlins" traded Sean Payton to DEN). I can't imagine that ANYbody on this board, a year or so ago, would've EVER imagined that question EVER being posed.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/poll-patri ... 36753.html