Is Mahomes ALREADY the best #15 ever??

74_75_78_79_

Is Mahomes ALREADY the best #15 ever??

Post by 74_75_78_79_ »

Better than Starr? Blood? Steve Van? Babe P, etc?

I'll just opine this...answer is no for now (and just maybe beyond some more, we'll see)! As all-time amazing I feel Patrick already is - even in this era of overt offense-friendliness - considering that I still see Bart Starr as a borderline 'Mt Rushmore' QB (wind blows just right, he's in there for at least a moment or two), the answer is a definite no for now. Not placing him over Johnny Blood nor Van Buren just yet either!

Starr 5, Mahomes 2! Still some catching up, huh?

Thoughts?
Crazy Packers Fan

Re: Is Mahomes ALREADY the best #15 ever??

Post by Crazy Packers Fan »

Not yet, though I predict 10 years from now he will be the best "any number" ever. The only things that will separate him from Brady's records are catastrophic injuries, or boredom from winning too much.
sluggermatt15

Post by sluggermatt15 »

I wouldn't say he is the best ever yet, either.

One important factor is that Andy Reid isn't going to coach forever. KC needs to make sure they bring in the next coach who is going to have a strongly solid relationship with Mahomes. There has to be positive chemistry in order for there to be success on the field and for Mahomes to continue to play at the game's highest level.

I also agree with the injuries statement from Crazy Packers Fan. It's amazing how one injury can derail a player's career.
74_75_78_79_

Post by 74_75_78_79_ »

Okay, well first-most Mahomes is quite FAR from BRADY! His JOURNEY to that possibility is still just beginning if it ever at all gets there at all! I really did think that the Eagles would win last February. I thought it'd take a real long time until Patrick would ever win another SB at all. I thought he'd be walking down Brees/Rodgers (Russel Wilson) Street like forever! But both Patrick and Andy got it done together through some sort of chemistry, so he's a lot further ahead on the Journey than he'd be otherwise!

But more ways to go. And if he (and Andy) win it yet again in '23 thus repeat...then the convo will continue thus progress!

But Starr will still be a fringe-Rushmore with me whilst 3-time-Lombardi-winner Mahomes will still have some bit to go. That'll be fair in such event. Blood will still be above him too, IMO. Give it a little more time. Sure enough he'll rise like crazy but let's wait just to be sure. I am rooting for Patrick Mahomes and do think he is the undisputed BEST QB in the game right now in the present as we speak!
ChrisBabcock

Post by ChrisBabcock »

Every day on his Football Learning Academy's facebook page, Ken Crippen is posing the question, "Who is the best #x ever". (Today's was #67) On #15 day, my response was 1. Starr, 2. Van Buren, 3. Mahomes. That being said in my opinion the difference between those 3 is razor thin. Mahomes could leapfrog into the best ever with a usual great season this year. Certainly with another ring.

The only active player best ever at his number is #99.
JohnH19

Post by JohnH19 »

Crazy Packers Fan wrote:Not yet, though I predict 10 years from now he will be the best "any number" ever. The only things that will separate him from Brady's records are catastrophic injuries, or boredom from winning too much.
Mahomes won’t win seven SB’s.
RichardBak

Post by RichardBak »

Three different eras. But until Mahomes starts returning kicks and playing both ways, I'm going with Van Buren. Guy was a beast, especially in sloppy weather ('48 and '49 title games).
7DnBrnc53

Post by 7DnBrnc53 »

JohnH19 wrote:
Crazy Packers Fan wrote:Not yet, though I predict 10 years from now he will be the best "any number" ever. The only things that will separate him from Brady's records are catastrophic injuries, or boredom from winning too much.
Mahomes won’t win seven SB’s.
He doesn't need to win that many to be better than Brady. He already is.
GameBeforeTheMoney

Post by GameBeforeTheMoney »

I might be not remembering things correctly but off the top of my head, I don't remember Tom Brady being anywhere close to Mahomes at this point in Mahomes' career. Brady got incredible as his career went on. Again, maybe I'm not remembering right, but I don't remember Brady being spoken about as an all-time legend 6 or 7 years into his career. More like 12-15 years in. Mahomes is ahead of Brady in those terms I think. But again, injuries, coaches, those are just the most obvious variables. He might decide to retire like Sanders.

Bart Starr I would still put ahead. Probably Van Buren, too. But Mahomes is the best #15 that I've seen play - I will say that.
Podcast: https://Podcast.TheGameBeforeTheMoney.com

Website/Blog: https://TheGameBeforeTheMoney.com

Author's Name: Jackson Michael
Brian wolf

Post by Brian wolf »

Brady won three SBs in his first five seasons and didnt have Hill, Kelce and Watkins catching his passes. He is also the last QB to win back-to-back SBs, and SBs with seperate teams. Mahomes is great but has a ways to go to get near Brady's achievements. I still am not convinced Brady has even retired yet, so we can stay tuned.