2022/23 Super Bowl

Brian wolf

2022/23 Super Bowl

Post by Brian wolf »

Arguably the two best teams in the NFL facing off for the Lombardi Trophy.
Will there be a close game, which the networks want, or a blowout win because one team executed far better than the other?

Young players that can shake up the world. Great Offense vs Defense, story lines galore with the whole world watching ... but the biggest are two-fold: Can the Eagles win it all, in only the second season for Sirianni, with Gannon and
Steichen as coordinators or does Andy Reid and Mahomes win their second championship in the last four SB games? Can a win finally help assistant Bieniemy get a head coaching job?

Mahomes can also become the fifth QB since 2000, to win multiple championships. Can his teammates execute well enough to help solidify his future status for the HOF?
The Eagles defense has had a great year and would like to keep the MVP from winning, which hasnt been done since 2000 as well, with the Rams and Kurt Warner ...
Last edited by Brian wolf on Sun Feb 12, 2023 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
racepug

Re: 2022/23 Super Bowl

Post by racepug »

K.C. has by far the better QB, in my opinion (although he won't be at 100% today) but outside of that I don't see where K.C. has any advantages in this one. I'm kinda pullin' for the Chiefs (mostly because I really do NOT want to see Ndamukong Suh win another S.B.) but I truly do not see K.C. winning today.
Brian wolf

Post by Brian wolf »

Everybody responded to another thread about tight ends but the two huge receivers listed as tight ends -- Kelce and Goedert-- could be the difference in todays game. I see both receivers getting at least 16 catches between them. Both are security blankets for their QBs but both teams running backs, will play a huge part as well. I believe the first team to have over 30 carries will win the game
RRMarshall

Post by RRMarshall »

KC must find a way to shutdown the Philly rushing attack. If not they will control the clock, keep Mahomes on the sidelines, and probably win comfortably.
Brian wolf

Post by Brian wolf »

Defensive TD or not, this SB has way too many early points ... Shootout or second half with lots of running to eat the clock?
Brian wolf

Post by Brian wolf »

How bad is the Mahomes ankle or will we see him pull a Steve Young or Terry Bradshaw "dramatic" performance to win the game ?
racepug

Post by racepug »

My feeling the whole first half was that PHI had the better team. I mean, except for that one drive I've barely seen Mahomes & Co. Unless things change dramatically in K.C.'s favor after halftime I really do not see the Chiefs coming back in this one.
Brian wolf

Post by Brian wolf »

Philly is losing control of this game. Allowing to many completions
racepug

Post by racepug »

Wellp - color me shocked. After the first half I thought there was no way K.C. was coming back in this one. I'm pleased, though. For some reason I've always had a soft spot for the Chiefs and I am SUPER happy that Ndamukong Suh isn't going to get another S.B. (winners) ring.
JWL

Post by JWL »

I wasn't too worried at halftime. The key was scoring on the opening drive of the second half and then forcing a field goal on the next drive. At that point, I felt Kansas City got it.

The playoffs were more predictable this year than any other since I have been watching the playoffs (1984).