2022/23 Wild Card Playoff Round

Brian wolf

Re: 2022/23 Wild Card Playoff Round

Post by Brian wolf »

Buffalo got the win but the Dolphins killed themselves. Only 4/15 on third down and couldnt get the plays in time to avoid penalties. Wasted every timeout ...
Bob Gill

Post by Bob Gill »

I know they've been allowing the offense to break these rules for a few years now, but so far today I've seen two touchdowns on plays where the officials ignored blatant penalties.

The Bills' go-ahead touchdown came on a play when the ball was snapped almost a full second after the play clock hit zero, and just now the Giants' left tackle, number 78, jumped back into pass blocking position at least a half-second before the snap. And the "expert" referee even said it was "too close to call."

One of these days the NFL might just make it a rule that penalties can only be called against the defense. Really, except for holding, we're getting fairly close to that point now.
Brian wolf

Post by Brian wolf »

Every game has had high scoring first halves. These defenses are either too nervous or miserable in execution. Hopefully they will be better during the divisional round.
Brian wolf

Post by Brian wolf »

Big win by the Giants. Will the team show up against the Eagles? Jones and Barkley can keep driving up their price if they can keep it going next week. Once again in a scene thats a nightmare for life-long Vikings fans ... the defense cant stop the other team enough in postseason.
Brian wolf

Post by Brian wolf »

Getting back late after seeing the somewhat new movie Babylon, which is flawed but has a heart as big as Hollywood. With the Bengals taking care of business against a team without its star QB, who wants to get paid like one though, now fans can enjoy the Super Wildcard Weekend pushed into monday primetime with the Bucs and Cowboys ...
RRMarshall

Post by RRMarshall »

Was curious what everyone thought of the Jags decision to go for 2 twice in the 4th quarter. The first one with them trailing 30-20 was by the book to make it a one-score game. The second with them trailing 30-26 surprised me. Everyone would kick the point and make it a FG to tie game, but instead an aggressive call to make it a 2-point game where a FG could win it. If they had failed to convert they would have trailed 30-26 and need a TD at that point. I have seen that call in college before but not much in the pros, particularly in the postseason. It worked out, but was it the right call??
Brian wolf

Post by Brian wolf »

I asked the same thing during the game. You have a kicker, kick the extra points. I dont believe in chasing points till the end of the game. With the Chargers defense in shell-shocked mode, even had they missed the second one, they may have gotten another TD anyway, like Jay Z already pointed out. What happened to Asante Samuel Jr in the second half? Was his mind already in KC?

This game was as ridiculous as the 2013/14 playoff game between KC and Indy.
ChrisBabcock

Post by ChrisBabcock »

They probably would have gone for the extra point under normal circumstances but they were taking advantage of the ball bring placed at the 1 because of the Joey Bosa unsportsmanlike conduct penalty following the touchdown. On the play, Trevor Lawrence basically just reached forward and got it. I liked the call. The Chargers defense was on the ropes anyway.
RichardBak

Post by RichardBak »

If you have Brett Maher kicking, go for the 2 points every time. Jeezus.
Brian wolf

Post by Brian wolf »

I have been watching NFL Football since 1978(Dallas over Denver in the SB) have never seen three straight PAT misses ... If Tom Terrific pulls this out ...