Harrison versus Tim Brown for HOF

JohnTurney

Harrison versus Tim Brown for HOF

Post by JohnTurney »

I pick these two because Ike, IMO, will be eliminated in the first round of voting.

Brown waits longer, Harrison has better stats. which?
Reaser

Re: Harrison versus Tim Brown for HOF

Post by Reaser »

In order: Sharpe, Harrison, Brown
bachslunch

Post by bachslunch »

Both belong, but prefer Harrison.

Post by 26554 »

Bruce didn't make the finalist list.

Harrison should've gone in over Reed last year. I think Brown is also more deserving than Reed.

Outside of Seau, I think Harrison is the biggest lock on this year's finalist list.
7DnBrnc53

Post by 7DnBrnc53 »

I would put Sharpe and Brown in over Harrison. Marvin was the opposite of clutch in the postseason.
Reaser

Post by Reaser »

26554 wrote:Harrison should've gone in over Reed last year. I think Brown is also more deserving than Reed.
I agree with this, though I would add Sharpe is better than all 3 of them.

Post by 26554 »

Sharpe is a better candidate for a Sayers/Stephenson type exception than Terrell Davis.
Gary Najman

Post by Gary Najman »

I would chose Harrison, but I think that Bown deserved it more than Andre Reed. You have to look at all the QBs the Raiders had during Brown's career, and besides Rich Gannon (late in Brown's career) no one of the others (Jeff Hostetler, Jay Schroeder, Vince Evans, Jeff George, Billy Joe Hobert, Todd Marinovich, Wade Wilson) was elite. If I was his presenter, I would point his to the other voters: unlike Harrison or Reed, Bown didn't had a HOF QB. Plus, Brown excelled as a punt returner (at one point in his career he was the all-time leader in punt returns).
Last edited by Gary Najman on Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reaser

Post by Reaser »

26554 wrote:Sharpe is a better candidate for a Sayers/Stephenson type exception than Terrell Davis.
I think Sharpe was the better player, so I agree. Though I don't think it should have to be an "exception" ... How long a player played shouldn't matter more than what a player did when he played. Somehow people think that way, seemingly average for 10 years would somehow be better than great for 5, I'll never understand that line of thinking. To each is their own, I guess. I just know I prefer the actual best football players (Sharpe, Easley, etc) to guys that played a couple years longer but weren't even in the same zip code in terms of level of play.
Bryan

Post by Bryan »

26554 wrote:Sharpe is a better candidate for a Sayers/Stephenson type exception than Terrell Davis.
What do you think of Tony Boselli?