Aaron Rodgers

racepug

Aaron Rodgers

Post by racepug »

Frankly, I am stunned and disappointed with what has transpired with Aaron Rodgers over the last few days. I never thought he'd be the guy to "yadda, yadda" his way through the pandemic. Your take?
Brian wolf

Re: Aaron Rodgers

Post by Brian wolf »

My take is that Ivermectin might be a good alternative treatment but hard to get in Nashville ...
RichardBak

Post by RichardBak »

I can see this thread easily veering off into verboten territory. We might want to pinch it off now before the moderator declares hammer time. Most people on this board have strong and differing feelings about a lot of the stuff swirling around---politics, race, Covid, etc.---but it's probably best to keep the discussion light and centered on feetsball. I don't see it as a cop-out. Lord knows I have strong opinions and I ain't afraid to voice 'em---but in the proper venue. Personally, I'm here to learn a few things about the game's history and post bad jokes.
Brian wolf

Post by Brian wolf »

Youre right Richard, we have to continue to wonder and speculate if Rodgers can finally get that elusive second ring and not continue to be lumped together with the many one time SB champions that arent as heralded as he continues to be ...
RichardBak

Post by RichardBak »

A second ring most def would put Rodgers in select company. I'm trying to picture Bart Starr with a beard and ponytail. It ain't working....
Bryan

Post by Bryan »

I guess I am disappointed, because it keeps him off the field, but I am by no means stunned. Pro athletes do whatever they want to do because, for the most part, they can get away with it. I don't really care what Aaron Rodgers thinks about covid, vaccines, medical science...it has no effect on my life. Meanwhile, child-abuser Adrian Peterson is back in the NFL.
racepug

Post by racepug »

I don't mean to stir up any controversy. I'm just curious about what other people think about the situation. Personally, I've always liked Aaron Rodgers and I definitely think that he's one of the most talented QBs to ever play in the N.F.L. But I think his actions on this are misguided at best and selfish and somewhat dangerous at worst.
JameisLoseston

Post by JameisLoseston »

I happen to have no strong feelings about any of this beyond the extent to which it is helping the Bucs get the bye right now, so I guess I'm perfect for this conversation. Anyways, if the baaaaaaaaaad man that he is didn't want to be vaccinated, he has that right, but he shouldn't have used deceptive language to describe his status. That's what has him in hot water, and securely out of the MVP race. I kind of doubt the league will take action on him, though.
Ken Crippen
Site Moderator

Post by Ken Crippen »

If we want to talk about his play on the field, have at it. Let's leave the political stuff out of the thread. Thank you.
RyanChristiansen

Post by RyanChristiansen »

Just like any other rule in the NFL, everyone is expected to follow it or there will be consequences. End of story.
"Five seconds to go... A field goal could win it. Up in the air! Going deep! Tipped! Caught! Touchdown! The Vikings! They win it! Time has run out!" - Vikings 28, Browns 23, December 14, 1980, Metropolitan Stadium