NFL on verge of making personal fouls reviewable
Started by oldecapecod 11, Sep 28 2014 02:38 PM

4 replies to this topic

Archive

#1 oldecapecod 11
PFRA Member
Posted 28 September 2014 - 02:38 PM
NFL on verge of making personal fouls reviewable

"The league is on the verge of making personal foul penalties reviewable for the first time in the game's history..."

http://www.nfl.com/n...ouls-reviewable

#2 NWebster
Forum Visitors
Posted 28 September 2014 - 08:32 PM
Watching the Steelers Bucs game today - think I agree with this.

#3 Reaser
PFRA Member
Posted 28 September 2014 - 11:54 PM
Of course they won't go all in and it'll be limited to certain plays - if they even pass it. Plus does nothing for the current and previous seasons (sort of like going and speaking to DV groups AFTER things get sideways) ...

The worst is when the league/competition committee flat out lies when giving their reasoning as to why everything isn't reviewable; "it'll make the game longer", except it wouldn't, at all, since there would still only be the 2 (3 if first two correct) challenges. Reminds me of when they were changing the OT - for no reason - and Rich McKay spewed out manipulated stats and blatantly was trying to deceive people into believing that every OT ever ended on a first poss. FG (obviously not true) . . .

#4 John Grasso
Board of Directors
Posted 29 September 2014 - 07:09 AM
Reaser, on 28 Sept 2014 - 11:54 PM, said:
The worst is when the league/competition committee flat out lies when giving their reasoning as to why everything isn't reviewable; "it'll make the game longer", except it wouldn't, at all, since there would still only be the 2 (3 if first two correct) challenges.

If the NFL was serious about shortening the game times (which of course they're not) they should stop the practice
of having commercials after a score, meaningless kickoff, and then more commercials. I've started to watch games solely
on DVR and fast forwarding through commercials.

#5 byron
PFRA Member
Posted 29 September 2014 - 10:26 PM
The game needs less review, not more. The idea that you can make the game perfect by focusing on every bit of minutiae possible is a fairy tale. I don't (terribly) mind the level of review we have now, but I don't want to see any more.
"It was a different game when I played.
When a player made a good play, he didn't jump up and down.
Those kinds of plays were expected."
~ Arnie Weinmeister