Giants trash their history website Started by Moran

Post by oldecapecod11 »

Giants trash their history website
Started by Moran, Apr 15 2014 09:32 PM

5 replies to this topic

#1 Moran
PFRA Member
Posted 15 April 2014 - 09:32 PM
I don't know how many hours I spent working on the Giants historical wiki but all of a sudden it has disappeared. We had all the historical team photos and sections on Giants cards and programs and a ton of other material - it's no where to be found and they have removed the link from their Giants.com page. They invited us to work on this and then they trashed it. Even the main link they have doesn't work - under the main page button for "Team" is a link to "History Home" - click on that and you get this message
Not Found
The requested URL /assets/images/2013GiantsMediaGuide.pdf was not found on this server.
Apache Server at origin-prod.static.giants.clubs.nfl.com Port 80

#2 oldecapecod 11
PFRA Member
Posted 15 April 2014 - 10:01 PM
M...

This site still seems to be okay and there are lots of photos?

http://www.giants.co...otos/index.html

#3 oldecapecod 11
PFRA Member
Posted 15 April 2014 - 10:12 PM
M...

This is what I see.
In the past, I have found this message at a site that is being repaired.
However... any time I see nfl.anything, it is time to hold on to your wallet.

Oops! This link appears to be broken.
Did you mean: nfl.­com

Did you mean = RED
nfl.com = BLUE Italic

#4 Moran
PFRA Member
Posted 16 April 2014 - 10:45 AM
I was prompted to mention this by re-reading the thread here on "Why No Football Cards" - I had put a link in that thread to several pages of Giants cards that I had scanned and posted to the Giants Historical Wiki - the url was http://history.giant... Football Cards Now that is a dead end. I would like to ask the person who is responsible for the Giants website about this, but I have no idea how to make contact -

#5 lastcat3
Forum Visitors
Posted 16 April 2014 - 12:54 PM
Do you think you were putting up a lot of stuff that fans could see for free that they were wanting people to pay for instead?

#6 apbaball
PFRA Member
Posted 16 April 2014 - 01:26 PM
No. I think they just mix it up.

The Dolphins had individual defensive stats including tackles going back to the late 1960s on their website but they pulled that several years ago. I've asked them to restore those pages but they have been unable to do so. I think they would have to rebuild those pages and they don't see that as a priority. They don't even have that information handy to email.
"It was a different game when I played.
When a player made a good play, he didn't jump up and down.
Those kinds of plays were expected."
~ Arnie Weinmeister