Have we hit rock bottom with NFL uniforms?

oldecapecod11

Re: Have we hit rock bottom with NFL uniforms?

Post by oldecapecod11 »

No; there is still some room at the bottom.

A couple of these are "pinstripes" and changing colors.

In the "olde days," some of the teams had those leather strips sewn to the jerseys. Some were vertical and others were horizontal. Some looked okay and some looked awful.
One of these days, you can bet some team will do "stripes" and it won't be a "Longest Yard" remake.

The ultimate will be the "changing colors." A few years back, as I was zipping along Route 95, I saw an RV swerve to my right. I slipped into the high-speed lane and glanced back. There was another one - or so I thought. Wrong! The first one I saw was a brown shade, the second one was greenish? It was the same vehicle. The paint actually reflected different colors as you viewed it from different angles. I am quite sure technology will enable them to make cloth in that manner so I can see the day when some guy streaking down the sideline will have a uni that changes colors as he runs.

Rock Bottom... Amen!

Hmmm... didn't they make sneakers that had flashing lights for kids a few years back? Those would go great with the uniforms that change colors. The youth of America needs glitter, I suppose? They can't sign their names but they can glow?
"It was a different game when I played.
When a player made a good play, he didn't jump up and down.
Those kinds of plays were expected."
~ Arnie Weinmeister

Post by 3243 »

oldecapecod 11 wrote:No; there is still some room at the bottom.

The ultimate will be the "changing colors." A few years back, as I was zipping along Route 95, I saw an RV swerve to my right. I slipped into the high-speed lane and glanced back. There was another one - or so I thought. Wrong! The first one I saw was a brown shade, the second one was greenish? It was the same vehicle. The paint actually reflected different colors as you viewed it from different angles. I am quite sure technology will enable them to make cloth in that manner so I can see the day when some guy streaking down the sideline will have a uni that changes colors as he runs.
That has already happened. The Jacksonville Jaguars' helmets from 2009-2012 changed from black to dark teal, depending on the light conditions and the angle viewed from.
Attachments
Corbis-42-37045262.jpg
Corbis-42-37045262.jpg (77.02 KiB) Viewed 20500 times
oldecapecod11

Post by oldecapecod11 »

I was told by an auto body guy that paint is about $1,200.00 per quart - yes: $1,200.00 per quart -
but, for an nfl team, that's less than a new batch of socks.

Now, can they embed that formulae in jersey cloth? I bet they can.

I wonder if JAX "new" fans will want them to keep the logos and colours after the move.

Vive les Jacques-Cartier Jaguars!!!
The new cry of Les Quebecois
~ Arnie Weinmeister
luckyshow

Post by luckyshow »

The Steelers should wear those ridiculous bee stripe uniforms, just make the helmets resemble old leather ones, somehow.
ChrisBabcock

Post by ChrisBabcock »

The Steelers 70s, 80s, 90s uniforms were their best. I never understood why they switched to those rounded numbers.
oldecapecod11

Post by oldecapecod11 »

I like those uniforms.
There's a film with Michael J Fox - a sorta medical version of My Cousin Vinny but without all the foul language.
He crashes his car in some Alabama town where they marry their sisters and they have some silly parade.
The auto body guy wears a costume in the parade and it immediately reminded me of the Steelers.
Cute film, by the way.
~ Arnie Weinmeister
rhickok1109

Post by rhickok1109 »

oldecapecod 11 wrote:I like those uniforms.
There's a film with Michael J Fox - a sorta medical version of My Cousin Vinny but without all the foul language.
He crashes his car in some Alabama town where they marry their sisters and they have some silly parade.
The auto body guy wears a costume in the parade and it immediately reminded me of the Steelers.
Cute film, by the way.
Doc Hollywood .... but South Carolina, not Alabama :)
oldecapecod11

Post by oldecapecod11 »

rhickok1109 » Thu Nov 06, 2014 5:36 pm
"Doc Hollywood .... but South Carolina, not Alabama"

Thanks, Ralph. That's the flic... and I shudda known SC but I didn't.
I was driving to there every month-or-so for two years.
~ Arnie Weinmeister
JKelly

Post by JKelly »

Watched the Browns Bengals game last night.........Why does Cleveland insist on wearing those god awful solid brown pants?!
rhickok1109

Post by rhickok1109 »

I don't think we will have hit rock bottom until Nike finds a way to screw up the Packer uniforms. And, believe me, Nike can do it if given the chance.