Have we hit rock bottom with NFL uniforms?

Mark L. Ford

Re: Have we hit rock bottom with NFL uniforms?

Post by Mark L. Ford »

luckyshow wrote:They should play night games with real neon uniforms, or phosphorescent, fluorescent. Turn off the lights and play under black light illumination , with a white or neon green uniform Glow in the dark games would attract a new audience completely. The numbers and names would remain black.
Kind of in the same way that taking a short cut through a dark alley would attract a new audience completely....

Post by 3243 »

The attachment 52799482.jpg is no longer available
Joe Zagorski wrote:Thinking about this topic even more, I really wish that the Philadelphia Eagles would bring back the throwback uniforms from 1970-1973. I loved those white helmets and green wings. Yeah, they won barely twice each year while they wore them (I'm exaggerating of course), but they were still sharp uniforms.
Just like I've always liked the Houston Oilers' blue helmets of 1972-74, even though they stunk up the league during two of those seasons.
shot0016.png
shot0016.png (86.66 KiB) Viewed 19695 times
shot1618.png
shot1618.png (145.42 KiB) Viewed 19695 times

And at least my Oakland Raiders still have cool uniforms. That's about all they have now.
Last edited by 3243 on Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
sheajets

Post by sheajets »

I always liked the Oilers white on white look. very clean, beautiful uniform Image
sheajets

Post by sheajets »

One thing I never understood though was the Rams going to that very empty and simplistic blue and white look in LA. Were they trying to be more in step with the Dodgers?
ChrisBabcock

Post by ChrisBabcock »

One thing I never understood though was the Rams going to that very empty and simplistic blue and white look in LA. Were they trying to be more in step with the Dodgers?
I think I heard once that was a money saving move. Once games started being broadcast on tv on a regular basis, the yellow rams horns showed up white on black & white TVs anyway, so they went and switched to white. I guess the switch back to yellow coincided with the majority of football viewers owning color TVs at that point.
JohnH19

Post by JohnH19 »

The blue and white Rams uni is my favorite...clean, cool and classic.

Post by 3243 »

sheajets wrote:I always liked the Oilers white on white look. very clean, beautiful uniform Image
I never did like the all-white look for the Oilers. It looks fine for some teams (e.g. Miami, Cleveland, Cincinnati), but not for the Oilers IMHO. They always looked better to me in white jerseys and blue pants.

I also like the various Oiler uniforms with silver helmets and silver pants from 1966-71. Here's the 1967 home version followed by the 1970 road uniform:
shot0505.png
shot0505.png (119.84 KiB) Viewed 19695 times
imagesCAKBCYRW.jpg
imagesCAKBCYRW.jpg (36.27 KiB) Viewed 19695 times
Last edited by 3243 on Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by 3243 »

JohnH19 wrote:The blue and white Rams uni is my favorite...clean, cool and classic.
That would be a good throwback uniform for them.
I would love to see them return to royal blue-and-yellow gold, as I illustrated on my site.
King Kong

Post by King Kong »

ChrisBabcock wrote:Not to mention the new Bucs are an absolute joke.
Those uniforms are not obnoxious to me. The most outrageous, flamboyant uniforms are those currently worn by the Broncos and Seahawks.
Gary Najman

Post by Gary Najman »

I've never been a fan of the Jaguars uniforms, being old or new. But IMHO the Panthers unis are currently in the top 10, with good fonts and colors.