CC Volume 41 Number 2

Ken Crippen
Site Moderator

CC Volume 41 Number 2

Post by Ken Crippen »

The latest issue of "The Coffin Corner" is now available for immediate download from the PFRA website. The issue contains:
"PFRA-ternizing." The column features news on the passing of longtime PFRA member Fausto Batella of Italy, an announcement on the creation of the PFRA’s Instagram account (@pfra_photos), a brief explanation on the recent absence of the editor-in-chief and a look at the very first issue of the Coffin Corner on the publication’s 40th anniversary.

"The Final Battle: The 1966 AFL-NFL Drafts" by John Maxymuk. A history of the last competitive drafts between the two rival leagues, both held on the same Saturday of Thanksgiving weekend in 1965 and including two expansion teams for each league (the NFL’s Atlanta Falcons and the AFL’s Miami Dolphins), before the merger agreement and the first common draft of 1967.

"3/29/19: The First Championship Game" by Mark L. Ford and Massimo Foglio. The story of the American Expeditionary Force (A.E.F) football playoffs and championship that took place among the U.S. troops stationed in Europe after World War I under the orders of General "Black Jack" Pershing along with a detailed account of the title game featuring Hall of Famer George "Potsy" Clark leading his team to victory as a player.

"2018 Player Deaths." A list of the pro football players who died last year, including information on the team(s) they played for, the date and location of their death (if known) and their age when they passed away.
TanksAndSpartans

Re: CC Volume 41 Number 2

Post by TanksAndSpartans »

Has anyone received this one in the mail yet? Thanks.
Ken Crippen
Site Moderator

Post by Ken Crippen »

TanksAndSpartans wrote:Has anyone received this one in the mail yet? Thanks.
It may be another week or two before people receive it in the mail. When I post it on the website, that is when it is sent to the printer. It takes a few weeks beyond that to print and mail it out to the membership.
TanksAndSpartans

Thanks Ken.
John Grasso

Post by John Grasso »

TanksAndSpartans wrote:Has anyone received this one in the mail yet? Thanks.
I received mine today here in upstate New York.
JuggernautJ

Post by JuggernautJ »

Received in NorCal today, 5/23/19.
TanksAndSpartans

Mine arrived in Georgia today - thanks everyone!
JuggernautJ

Post by JuggernautJ »

I see "we" are looking at gathering in Canton in 2020.
I understand dates are TBD but do we have a ballpark (date, not Fawcett Stadium) in mind.
It seems these thing are usually during the summer months. Is that the plan, generally speaking?
RyanChristiansen

Post by RyanChristiansen »

From the minutes:

Sunday, March 17, 2019
Mr. Crippen called an email meeting of the Board of Directors for the purpose of discussing the recommendation by Mr. Bozeka concerning the date, place and primary hotel for the 2020 PFRA Convention in Canton, Ohio.
The Board members were generally supportive of the proposal. A brief discussion ensued. At 7:52 AM, March 19, Mr. Elder moved:
1. That we accept the Pro Football Hall of Fame as the meeting point for our 2020 convention on June 18-21, 2020;
2. That the Hyatt hotel near the PFHoA be the official hotel of the convention;
3. That the attendance prices for the 2020 PFRA Convention be $50 for members
and $100 for non-members;
4. That the sales of t-shirts be made separate from the attendance purchase and that
potential attendees must elect to buy their shirts ahead of the convention;
5. That we only have t-shirts made on an as-ordered basis;
6. And that we all look forward to a terrific time together in Canton.
The vote was completed later the same day and passed 7-0.
"Five seconds to go... A field goal could win it. Up in the air! Going deep! Tipped! Caught! Touchdown! The Vikings! They win it! Time has run out!" - Vikings 28, Browns 23, December 14, 1980, Metropolitan Stadium