Three stiffarms on one run

JeffreyMiller

Re: Three stiffarms on one run

Post by JeffreyMiller »

Marshawn Lynch might be the poster boy for the stiff arm ... his highlight reel is one awesome stiff arm after another ...
"Gentlemen, it is better to have died a small boy than to fumble this football."
RRMarshall

Post by RRMarshall »

I recall NFL Films running a feature on the great Dick "Night Train" Lane who was devastating on his INT returns because he was a master of the stiff arm, this in the era where the facemask was still not in use. I'm pretty sure I saw a couple of runs where he used two stiff arms on one run. He was so much bigger than anyone else on the field, I would have loved to have seen him matched up on Don Hutson, who had a similar physical advantage as a WR in his era. Did anyone else see this feature?
rhickok1109

Post by rhickok1109 »

RRMarshall wrote:I recall NFL Films running a feature on the great Dick "Night Train" Lane who was devastating on his INT returns because he was a master of the stiff arm, this in the era where the facemask was still not in use. I'm pretty sure I saw a couple of runs where he used two stiff arms on one run. He was so much bigger than anyone else on the field, I would have loved to have seen him matched up on Don Hutson, who had a similar physical advantage as a WR in his era. Did anyone else see this feature?
Hutson's only physical advantage was his speed. He was about average height (6-1) for an end in his era and he was lighter than most at only 175 pounds.