Three stiffarms on one run

John Grasso

Three stiffarms on one run

Post by John Grasso »

In Derrick Henry's remarkable 99-yard touchdown run the other night he had 3 successful
stiffarms. I don't recall ever seeing so many on one run. Have you?
BD Sullivan

Re: Three stiffarms on one run

Post by BD Sullivan »

John Grasso wrote:In Derrick Henry's remarkable 99-yard touchdown run the other night he had 3 successful
How many did Ditka have on his memorable 11/24/63 run against Pittsburgh?
Rupert Patrick

Post by Rupert Patrick »

Compared to Dorsett's 99-yard run, Henry's was much more impressive. Dorsett got thru the middle and by the time he was at his 20-yard line he turned on the afterburners and he was goine. Henry had to fight his way down the sideline pretty much the whole way. I think it was one of the greatest touchdown runs I have ever seen.
"Every time you lose, you die a little bit. You die inside. Not all your organs, maybe just your liver." - George Allen
rhickok1109

Post by rhickok1109 »

I remember a Payton TD run of about 50 yards when he should have lost about 5 yards. He stiff-armed two defenders behind the LOS and then broke loose. I don't remember if he threw any stiff arms farther down the field, though.
conace21

Post by conace21 »

BD Sullivan wrote:
John Grasso wrote:In Derrick Henry's remarkable 99-yard touchdown run the other night he had 3 successful
How many did Ditka have on his memorable 11/24/63 run against Pittsburgh?
I went back and watched this. Ditka didn't seem to have any straight arms on this catch and run. He may have had one, but it's tough to tell from the camera angle.
Same with John Mackey's 65 yard catch and run through Detroit's defense. Not a straight arm to be seen.
BD Sullivan

Post by BD Sullivan »

rhickok1109 wrote:I remember a Payton TD run of about 50 yards when he should have lost about 5 yards. He stiff-armed two defenders behind the LOS and then broke loose. I don't remember if he threw any stiff arms farther down the field, though.
November of 1977 against the Chiefs.
RRMarshall

Post by RRMarshall »

How many did Colts TE John Mackey have on his famous run where he overpowered the entire defense??
conace21

Post by conace21 »

RRMarshall wrote:How many did Colts TE John Mackey have on his famous run where he overpowered the entire defense??
See my answer above.
SixtiesFan

Post by SixtiesFan »

You can see a stiff arm st the end of Hugh McElhenny's 86 yard TD run against the Packers in 1956. He weaved and swerved through defenders in McElhenny fashion. It was kind of a push and the DB sprawled to the ground.
sheajets

Post by sheajets »

All childs play compared to this mother of all stiff arms from the beast himself