Ron Borges

rhickok1109

Ron Borges

Post by rhickok1109 »

I said quite a while back that it was hard to have any faith in the Pro Football HOF voting process as long as someone like Ron Borges was one of the 48 voters. I didn't elaborate, but now Borges has screwed up again and someone else has raised the question.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... trike-two/
Reaser

Re: Ron Borges

Post by Reaser »

I mentioned him sucker-punching (really sucker-slapping) the old disabled man in a previous Borges topic -- and how his favorite thing to write about is how terrible Belichick and Carroll are as coaches. Which during the last half-decade was typically and hilariously followed by one or both of them taking their teams to the Super Bowl.
RRMarshall

Post by RRMarshall »

He is universally hated by local Patriots fans here in the Boston area for his poison pen. He's been predicting Belichick's downfall since
he got here in 2000 figuring one of these years he''d be right. Looks like BB has finally outlasted him...talk about poetic justice!!
BD Sullivan

Post by BD Sullivan »

I had read that Borges got booted from the Globe for plagiarism.
rhickok1109

Post by rhickok1109 »

BD Sullivan wrote:I had read that Borges got booted from the Globe for plagiarism.
Yes, he was originally suspended without pay for plagiarism and then left the Globe after further instances of plagiarism were discovered. It was spun as a mutual decision and that he was leaving "to pursue other opportunities" but, in truth, he was given the choice between resigning and being fired.

The Herald, which is a real rag that doesn't worry much about such things, quickly hired him. But even the Herald doesn't like being made to look foolish, as Borges' recent "scoop" did. That's the equivalent of flunking the first semester of Journalism 101.
BD Sullivan

Post by BD Sullivan »

rhickok1109 wrote:
BD Sullivan wrote:I had read that Borges got booted from the Globe for plagiarism.
Yes, he was originally suspended without pay for plagiarism and then left the Globe after further instances of plagiarism were discovered. It was spun as a mutual decision and that he was leaving "to pursue other opportunities" but, in truth, he was given the choice between resigning and being fired.

The Herald, which is a real rag that doesn't worry much about such things, quickly hired him. But even the Herald doesn't like being made to look foolish, as Borges' recent "scoop" did. That's the equivalent of flunking the first semester of Journalism 101.
"Pursuing other opportunities" has long been code for "You're fired."