Senior nominees next week (2) and contributers (1) week afte

Discuss candidates for the Pro Football Hall of Fame and the PFRA's Hall of Very Good
JohnTurney

Re: Senior nominees next week (2) and contributers (1) week

Post by JohnTurney »

I'd guess he has as good a chance as anyone tomorrow. But this year too hard to predict, they could go Wistert or Slater or Covert. Raider people want Lester the Molester, Cincy fans want the Rattlesnake. Bronco fans want Louis Wright or Gradishar . . . jsut a lot of possibilities
HBGFBFAN

Post by HBGFBFAN »

JohnTurney wrote:I'd guess he has as good a chance as anyone tomorrow. But this year too hard to predict, they could go Wistert or Slater or Covert. Raider people want Lester the Molester, Cincy fans want the Rattlesnake. Bronco fans want Louis Wright or Gradishar . . . jsut a lot of possibilities
Do you know who are the advisors tomorrow?
JohnTurney

My best guess, and it's just that

Post by JohnTurney »

Jerry Kramer and Robert Brazile
rewing84

Post by rewing84 »

I'm a huge Brazile fan And I would like to also see klecko
JohnTurney

Post by JohnTurney »

rewing84 wrote:I'm a huge Brazile fan And I would like to also see klecko
NY media is really pushing him. He had 2 great seasons...and some other good ones. But 4 Pro Bowls? Seems light. I know, someone will say he got there at 3 positions... yeah. Ok In 1983 hje went in place of someone. In 1984 he missed 4 games had 3 sacks and he goes to the Pro Bowl as a DT. So, to me, one of his "DT" Pro Bowls should have an asterisk.

1985 and 1981 were legit.The rest? Questionable.

It seems one of the arguments is they need a Jet to get in. Same with Ken Riley. IF he emerges tomorrow it would be a disappointment on a Floyd Little scale. Same with Klecko. Same with LC Greenwood, but he'd be better than Little

Brazile had a very high peak, then in the early 1980s, Dr Z noticed a huge dropoff. Also, if they put in 3 Oilers from that defense...it means it was quite underachieving, no?

Here's hoping to a good pair.
Last edited by JohnTurney on Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JohnTurney

Post by JohnTurney »

HBGFBFAN wrote:
JohnTurney wrote:I'd guess he has as good a chance as anyone tomorrow. But this year too hard to predict, they could go Wistert or Slater or Covert. Raider people want Lester the Molester, Cincy fans want the Rattlesnake. Bronco fans want Louis Wright or Gradishar . . . jsut a lot of possibilities
Do you know who are the advisors tomorrow?
Carl Eller and Art Shell
Jeremy Crowhurst

Re: My best guess, and it's just that

Post by Jeremy Crowhurst »

JohnTurney wrote:Jerry Kramer and Robert Brazile
Good guess! Long overdue for Kramer.
rewing84

Post by rewing84 »

what are the chances or odds that jerry kramer does not get in this year
Ken Crippen
Site Moderator

Post by Ken Crippen »

rewing84 wrote:what are the chances or odds that jerry kramer does not get in this year
In the discussions I have had with selectors this year, it seems like they think he will have an easy time getting in. Of course, they may have thought that the last 10 times he has come up.