75 seasons

ChrisBabcock

75 seasons

Post by ChrisBabcock »

Does anyone know if there's any way for one to acquire the 75 Seasons film on DVD? I had it on VHS back in the day but when my VCR kicked the bucket I either gave it away or sold it. I'd love to get my hands on a copy of that again that I can actually watch. I bought the 75 Seasons hardcover book a year or so ago on amazon or ebay. (for a penny) :mrgreen: ...that I'm finally getting around to reading and was reminiscing about the film.
Todd Pence

Re: 75 seasons

Post by Todd Pence »

I have an old copy on VHS taped from television (in 1994).
Reaser

Post by Reaser »

I still have the VHS. Also have two copies of the book for some reason.

I read the entire thing when I was 11 years old and my favorite page was the last one. Since as a WLAF fan it talked about the World League returning in 1995 and future expansion with a Pacific Rim division.
Rupert Patrick

Post by Rupert Patrick »

It's probably not a good idea to get rid of your VHS player, as there are a lot of things that were released on VHS that were never released on DVD, and may never be released on DVD. A check of Ebay shows the 75 Seasons show is available on VHS but not DVD.
"Every time you lose, you die a little bit. You die inside. Not all your organs, maybe just your liver." - George Allen
JohnTurney

Post by JohnTurney »

Rupert Patrick wrote:It's probably not a good idea to get rid of your VHS player, as there are a lot of things that were released on VHS that were never released on DVD, and may never be released on DVD. A check of Ebay shows the 75 Seasons show is available on VHS but not DVD.
I have to many VHS games to ever get rid of my player. Slowly converting them to DVD. I have a nice dual player that copies them over. Wehn eventually throw away the VHS. However, it's something maybe they will look into, re-releasing that. With the100 year thing coming up maybe people will want to have both.
ChrisBabcock

Post by ChrisBabcock »

I have to many VHS games to ever get rid of my player. Slowly converting them to DVD. I have a nice dual player that copies them over. Wehn eventually throw away the VHS. However, it's something maybe they will look into, re-releasing that. With the100 year thing coming up maybe people will want to have both.
I did have a dual player that copied them over. That's what kicked the bucket on me. I bought a DVD player/external DVR machine to replace it. (so I have no means to play VHS now.) At the time I was in the process of converting all my Super Bowls to DVD. I had everything back to XXII. I made it up to Raiders/Bucs I think. (whatever Roman numeral that was) Then picked up again 6 or 7 years ago when I got my new machine. So I've got about an 8 year gap in my Super Bowl collection.

I can't wait for whatever the league has in store for 100 years. I have a feeling I'll be excited and disappointed at the same time.
BD Sullivan

Post by BD Sullivan »

ChrisBabcock wrote:I can't wait for whatever the league has in store for 100 years. I have a feeling I'll be excited and disappointed at the same time.

A two-hour documentary with the first 10 minutes devoted to the first 75 years and the rest focusing on 1995-2019. :lol:
JeffreyMiller

Post by JeffreyMiller »

BD Sullivan wrote:
ChrisBabcock wrote:I can't wait for whatever the league has in store for 100 years. I have a feeling I'll be excited and disappointed at the same time.

A two-hour documentary with the first 10 minutes devoted to the first 75 years and the rest focusing on 1995-2019. :lol:
That's about what you're gonna get!!
"Gentlemen, it is better to have died a small boy than to fumble this football."
sheajets

Post by sheajets »

I remember watching it when it premiered on TNT...just a wonderful documentary. Very well presented.

I loved Joe Namath in it, just how expressive and passionate he was. Describing his contract negotiations...when he gave his salary demand and asked for a new car and the two Cardinals representatives collapsed. :lol:
Retro Rider

Post by Retro Rider »

sheajets wrote:I remember watching it when it premiered on TNT...just a wonderful documentary. Very well presented.

I loved Joe Namath in it, just how expressive and passionate he was. Describing his contract negotiations...when he gave his salary demand and asked for a new car and the two Cardinals representatives collapsed. :lol:
This is the NFL dedicated an entire show to Namath during the '94 Season (NFL's Greatest Star). The 2006 book, Namath (Icons of the NFL) includes a dvd of that program:

https://www.amazon.com/Namath-Icons-NFL ... 1590710819

If I remember correctly, many (if not all) of the interviews used in the 75 Seasons documentary were also included in the 1994 This is the NFL series. 22 episodes were dedicated to "Greatest Ever" topics, so there was considerably more depth there than what's available in 75 seasons. i remember watching those episodes in the Seattle/Tacoma market around 11:30pm on Sunday nights during the '94 season (and regret not taping them!) There was also a 6 VHS "Greatest Ever" set that was released in 1995-96. It provided material from that same '94 TINFL "Greatest" series:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NFLs-Greatest-E ... 1837001193

This is the NFL - 1994

YEAR: 1994
SHOW: #1
DESCRIPTION: Greatest Catches

SHOW: #2
DESCRIPTION: Greatest Comebacks

SHOW: #3
DESCRIPTION: Greatest Myths (includes Jim Thorpe piece)

SHOW: #4
DESCRIPTION: Greatest Touchdowns

SHOW: #5
DESCRIPTION: Greatest Voice - John Facenda Tribute

SHOW: #6
DESCRIPTION: Greatest Interceptions (includes four minute Woodson/Lott piece)

SHOW: #7
DESCRIPTION: Greatest Returns (includes eight minute Eric & Terry Metcalf piece)

SHOW: #8
DESCRIPTION: Greatest Follies

SHOW: #9
DESCRIPTION: Greatest Tackles

SHOW: #10
DESCRIPTION: Greatest Throws

SHOW: #11
DESCRIPTION: Greatest Stories (includes Refrigerator Perry)

SHOW: #12
DESCRIPTION: Greatest Seasons (includes Hornung/Page, Sammy Baugh, Larry Ball)

SHOW: #13
DESCRIPTION: Black Star Rising

SHOW: #14
DESCRIPTION: Greatest Players (includes Walter Payton, Jerry Rice)

SHOW: #15
DESCRIPTION: Greatest Days

SHOW: #16
DESCRIPTION: Greatest Feuds (includes Raiders/Steelers)

SHOW: #17
DESCRIPTION: Greatest Games (includes Chiefs vs. Broncos, 1967 Ice Bowl)

SHOW: #18
DESCRIPTION: Greatest Unknown Achievements

SHOW: #19
DESCRIPTION: Greatest Units (includes Air Coryell)

SHOW: #20
DESCRIPTION: Greatest Miscellaneous (includes Bill Saul)

SHOW: #22
DESCRIPTION: Greatest Games by Position

SHOW: #25
DESCRIPTION: Greatest Star Joe Namath

Source:
http://www.nflfilms.com/specialorders/tiNFL.php