Love the Rams return to Blue

NWebster

Love the Rams return to Blue

Post by NWebster »

I didn't like the dark blue they'd gone to at all. Odd, but as I recall they changed the season after the unforeseen 1999 Super Bowl season, has any other team changed its uniforms directly after winning a title - seems to fly in the face of any superstition to change at that point?
Todd Pence

Re: Love the Rams return to Blue

Post by Todd Pence »

The Houston Rockets did it in the NBA in the mid 1990's . . .
JWL

Post by JWL »

It's so silly that what the Rams wore yesterday will just be considered a throwback and they will wear their crappy uniforms probably 12 or 13 times in the final 14 games.
ChrisBabcock

Post by ChrisBabcock »

Uniforms aside.... The schedule makers should have had the first game "back home" be against the 49ers, their oldest rivals. They got it right with the Vikings in letting them open their new stadium against Green Bay.
Reaser

Post by Reaser »

JWL wrote:It's so silly that what the Rams wore yesterday will just be considered a throwback and they will wear their crappy uniforms probably 12 or 13 times in the final 14 games.
Yup. Guess it's cool they wore their "throwback" - which they've done the last 7 or so years so it's not something 'new' that they did just for this game - for their home opener but makes it all that more disappointing that they'll go back to their garbage uniforms now.

As for champions getting new uniforms, didn't the Mets have a new road jersey in 1987 after winning the series in '86?
NWebster

Post by NWebster »

Didn't realize it was just a one week thing, seems so obvious to return to the unis they wore in LA. I never liked the broadband move to the darker hues. I prefer Kelly green to whatever the Eagles are wearing now, and both the Chargers and Seahawks blues of the 80's. Or maybe I just miss football in the 80's!
Reaser

Post by Reaser »

NWebster wrote:Didn't realize it was just a one week thing, seems so obvious to return to the unis they wore in LA.
They're timing their next new - possibly return to old, hopefully - uniforms with the opening of their new stadium ... in 2019.
BD Sullivan

Post by BD Sullivan »

Of course the only "true" throwbacks are the gold jerseys with blue numbers and lettering--or the George Allen blue and whites.
JuggernautJ

Post by JuggernautJ »

BD Sullivan wrote:--or the George Allen blue and whites.
This.
And a Black and White TV and I'm 9 years old again.
Bonus points if they're playing the Colts.