Your Unpopular Football Opinions

conace21

Re: Your Unpopular Football Opinions

Post by conace21 »

Tom Brady is not the best quarterback in NFL history. He may not even be the fifth best. (The classic 4 on Mount Rushmore, plus Peyton)
JeffreyMiller

Post by JeffreyMiller »

conace21 wrote:Tom Brady is not the best quarterback in NFL history. He may not even be the fifth best. (The classic 4 on Mount Rushmore, plus Peyton)
Heretic!!
"Gentlemen, it is better to have died a small boy than to fumble this football."
SixtiesFan

Post by SixtiesFan »

JWL wrote:I am not amazed by most of the spectacular catches we see these days.
Yes, it helps to wear form-fitting gloves made for the purpose of catching the football.
rhickok1109

Post by rhickok1109 »

BD Sullivan wrote:
MatthewToy wrote:Preseason games need to end. They serve little to no purpose. Only thing that matters are injuries.
$omehow, I ju$t can't $ee owner$ doing $omething like that. :D
I don't think coaches would like it, either.
BD Sullivan

Post by BD Sullivan »

SixtiesFan wrote:
JWL wrote:I am not amazed by most of the spectacular catches we see these days.
Yes, it helps to wear form-fitting gloves made for the purpose of catching the football.
Especially ones that are glorified suction cups.
74_75_78_79_

Post by 74_75_78_79_ »

As much as the preseason only makes us wait for the regular season to just begin already, I think it's necessary. Coaches need a good enough gage of sorts. Cutting it down to three games instead with a scrimmage beforehand would be nice but no less than that IMO. Let's just all be lucky we're no longer in the dreaded SIX preseason game era - late Sept reg season start! So glad I never got to experience that. The preseason to me is like eating a snow cone - willing to eat the mostly ice before getting down to the good stuff. Plus, don't mind catching just a bit of it here and there to get an idea of some of the players and teams while also reading up a bit and seeing highlights/commentary on TV. I feel it always goes pretty fast being that I'm normally occupied with other stuff every August anyway. One scrimmage and three games, how's that?
BD Sullivan

Post by BD Sullivan »

74_75_78_79_ wrote:As much as the preseason only makes us wait for the regular season to just begin already, I think it's necessary. Coaches need a good enough gage of sorts. Cutting it down to three games instead with a scrimmage beforehand would be nice but no less than that IMO. Let's just all be lucky we're no longer in the dreaded SIX preseason game era - late Sept reg season start! So glad I never got to experience that. The preseason to me is like eating a snow cone - willing to eat the mostly ice before getting down to the good stuff. Plus, don't mind catching just a bit of it here and there to get an idea of some of the players and teams while also reading up a bit and seeing highlights/commentary on TV. I feel it always goes pretty fast being that I'm normally occupied with other stuff every August anyway. One scrimmage and three games, how's that?
The USFL realized this after their first year, when the first week saw a collection of ragged performances--not exactly a great way to debut.
MatthewToy

Post by MatthewToy »

rhickok1109 wrote:
BD Sullivan wrote:
MatthewToy wrote:Preseason games need to end. They serve little to no purpose. Only thing that matters are injuries.
$omehow, I ju$t can't $ee owner$ doing $omething like that. :D
I don't think coaches would like it, either.
They can schedule scrimmages with other teams. That's all preseason games are anyway. Glorified scrimmages.
CSKreager

Post by CSKreager »

The Giants/49ers MNF game of 1989 was a much better game than the heralded 1990 MNF game
James

Your Unpopular Football Opinions

Post by James »

Otto Graham to me is the best QB EVER! Ten years of playing professional football and going to the Title/Championship game all ten years and going 7-3 in said games. Better than both Manning & Brady in my opinion. The closest we have seen and probably ever will see was Kelly quarterbacking the Bills to four straight Super Bowls.

The 1972 Dolphins are NOT the only undefeated team, the 1948 Browns were also undefeated.

Don Hutson IS the GREATEST WR to ever play the game.

Mel Hein is the only Center to win league MVP -1938. Would love to see something like that again, but will never happen today.
Axes Grind and Maces Clash!